S3 Sump plug torque?

Smiffi

Reaction score
Guys, as the title says, does anyone know the correct torque setting for the S3 sump plug? Oh, and does the plastic filter housing have to be torqued in too?

Just about to start so if anyone knows off the top of their head that'd be great! Tried searching but can only find the value for the ECS alloy filter housing.

Cheers in advance!

Just got the filter off. The housing actually has the torque rating embossed onto it.

All finished! There's something very satisfying about doing an oil change! Not sure whether to bother doing my spark plugs now. Car is stage 1 has 12k miles on it, original plugs (though they will be getting changed in Jan 14). Worth changing or just leaving till jan? Doing alot of driving to and from Newcastle/Aberdeen at the moment so the miles are piling on!

For piece of mind I would - they are easy to do as well.

Have you the original air intake engine cover on? If you do, wee tip, remove it straight after driving. The rubber bungs which hold onto the engine bolts will be warm and expanded so it will be easier to take off.

Cheers Boydie. Yeah I have the stock cover on so Ill do it with the car warmed up.

Are NGK PFR7S8EG still the OEM plug of choice these days?