Got myself a A3 Tdi...Help Needed with a Few Problems.

Rider4life

Reaction score
Picked up a 53 plate audi a3 2.0 tdi 6 speed. Its had 3 previous owners (2 were daughter and her mum), 118k FSH. Drove it back from sunderland to london for the tidy sum of £2500. Which i think is a bargain. Cars very clean with long mot and tax. Anyway after the 300 mile drive back i've done about 250 miles in the past few days. Yesterday it started playing up. Found it hard to select 1st and reverse when stationary. This wouldnt happen all the time but once say every 10-15 stops. When this happens after i force it into 1st for example if i lift the clutch up to biting point i get a very faint feeling through the clutch then the clutch starts dragging (car moves forward at 1mph with clutch pedal to floor) Could there be Air in the system? Slave cylinder or master? Where should i start at repairing this. Hope its nothing serious.

Another thing my dash lights work but are dim ( The brightness roller switch doesnt do anything ) Do you think its just the switch?

Here's the Car as it sits today.
2gvsa6r.jpg

Dmf and clutch playing up mine does this but mines down to running too mich power through standard clutch
Not sure about the 1mph movement thing but if its not goinginto 1st i have same issue but only since clutch started slipping when abusing the motor

switch might not be connected from behind check it out 5 minute job