Help needed urgently. need a new bolt from fuel pump.

JJ.Foulds

Reaction score
So replacing my cam follower which i posted about earlier last week, i finally did it! however after taking out the bolt from the fuel pump i noticed there wasn't much thread left, (the guy before me clearly screwed this up).

BASICALLY screwing it back in, half way thru guess what, the thread went, not sure if it was in or not, i put the key in ignition and had a friend watch, after the turn fuel sprayed EVERYWHERE.

I need to order a new bolt, but its a weird one with a hole in the middle of the bit that goes inside.

Can someone link me a diagram, or blueprint thing of the fuel pump so i can find the number? and possibly say where i could buy it from?

car is an 05 A3 2.0TFSI

this is a photo showing the pump and the direction of the bolt.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thankyou, i hope someone can help!

JJ.

I need to order a new bolt, but its a weird one with a hole in the middle of the bit that goes inside.

Perfectly normal for a banjo fitting, otherwise the liquid wouldn't be able to go anywhere :)

Local audi dealer can get one for friday for £21!!! sounds a right rip for a bolt! christ.
I have till half 5 to ring and confirm it.

im sorted now, i just ordered the one from audi just to get it sorted. next job is trying to get the old one out when theres no thread!

thanks anyway!