400 litre aquarium in A3 Spotback... will it fit?

audigex

Reaction score
Hey guys

Anybody got their A3 Sportback and a tape measure handy?

I've got a 450 litre fish tank I'd like to pick up, measuring 151 x 51 x 66 cm - and I've got no idea if it will fit. To my eye, the back is just over 5 foot long with the seats down - but I can't tell whether I've got that 5 ft with enough vertical clearance. Presumably I could get a touch more room going diagonally, but I suspect it would still be pretty right.

Has anyone got a spare moment to check for me? Or even better, has transported a similar sized item?

Thanks

Not at the moment, the nearest tape measure is about a mile away in a shop and my car is about 8 miles away in a car park :)

I'll check tonight, but figured if I could check beforehand then I'd save messing some poor ****** around while he waits to see if I can fit it in my car. I've already told him not to hold it for me but I'd still rather let him know ASAP

should of said that lol, thought you were being lazy, but im sure a metre and a half will go in the back, especially if you put the passenger seat forward easy do it.

JJ

I've managed to get a bmw 1 series bumper in my car before.

Just googled and found this
Audi A3 Boot Capacity

says with the seats down u have 1,220 litres. I guess its just down to overall dimensions then

Last edited:
Do you live or did you pick this tank up from Folkestone by any chance?!

I saw a nice white A3 sportback with a fish tank poking out the back either yesterday or a few days ago!!