Picture Request - Also Actual Colour!

betty02

Reaction score
Hi all! Looking at getting an Audi A3, one was un-sold on eBay yesterday and I am hopefully going to view it this weekend! Anyway my first question was what's the actual name of this colour -

hifq.png

grr0.png

cxr9.png

Also an pictures of an 8P with LED rear lights to make it look similar to the facelift versions that I think already have LED rears? Or is it even possible to put the facelift ones on or is that a new model? Or am I being stupid and none have LEd rears?

Be great if the pictures were in the same red, doesn't matter if it's an S3 as this will be getting an S3 front and rear end anyway!

Thanks in advance
Simon

Not sure on the colour but there are 3 variants of rear lights for the 3 doors

My09 and my11 are the 2 variants to the ones in that a3

The led ones I can imagine your thinking if are off the 5 door (sport back )

I think Misano was/is slightly darker red, so 'Brilliant Red' would be my guess. As for rear lights, none are LED, but you can get the newer style with either the red edge (MY09) or the smoked edge (MY11) and they're both a straight swap for those lights as all are 8P (1, 2 & 3).

MY11s
img0424rd.jpg

Only difference between the MY09 and MY11 rear lights is that the MY09 has red edges, where the MY11's are darker.

Excellent guys really appreciate it.

These are the actual ones I am looking at, not sure what they are then if it's only the sport backs that have LED rears? Guessing there aftermarkets, was really after OEM+ style but still look quite nice really -

Audi A3 S3 8P Hatchback Rear Light Clusters, Smoked LED

Thanks agin! Have so many questions, S3 front end conversion, Xenon Light Upgrade etc, I have had 2 MK5 Golf GTi's so hoping it's as simple as buying a lead from Kuftec (think that was there name) to allow Xenons to work? Also the RNS-E - Is it as simple as getting the unit and fitting it? Only need coding if you have a hi-line dash (or is that just a golf thing?) obviously fitting a GPS antenna, I did an RNS310 and RNS510 conversion in my golf easy enough!

Again really appreciate everyones help!

Excellent guys really appreciate it.

These are the actual ones I am looking at, not sure what they are then if it's only the sport backs that have LED rears? Guessing there aftermarkets, was really after OEM+ style but still look quite nice really -

Audi A3 S3 8P Hatchback Rear Light Clusters, Smoked LED

Thanks agin! Have so many questions, S3 front end conversion, Xenon Light Upgrade etc, I have had 2 MK5 Golf GTi's so hoping it's as simple as buying a lead from Kuftec (think that was there name) to allow Xenons to work? Also the RNS-E - Is it as simple as getting the unit and fitting it? Only need coding if you have a hi-line dash (or is that just a golf thing?) obviously fitting a GPS antenna, I did an RNS310 and RNS510 conversion in my golf easy enough!

Again really appreciate everyones help!

The 3 door A3's never had LED oem lights so these,s are defo aftermarket ones and as for the colour look in the front page of the service book or under the mat in the boot there should be a sticker there with lots of numbers and letters on it you will find the paint code there on the 4th line down on the left and should consist of 3 letters and number IE mine is LX7V.Look this up on line and it should give you the colour match

Not sure on the colour but there are 3 variants of rear lights for the 3 doors

My09 and my11 are the 2 variants to the ones in that a3

The led ones I can imagine your thinking if are off the 5 door (sport back )

Is there much price difference in my09 and my11 lights?

Winner thanks! Not purchased yet. If his slae falls through Friday I migh be doing a deal! Spoke to the seller of the lights there are in fact aftermarket ones.

Thanks all!