Door card trim help.

Cozza McA

Crunching The Gears
Reaction score
My drivers side armrest has developed a hole no idea how or when but fairly recent.
What would be the best method to fix this?
here are some pics
null_zps2fa79b2a.jpg

null_zpsede52cbc.jpg

Sorry no answer but i have the same issue. Any help out there appreciated??:think:

I was thinking of just getting it re-trimmed in alcantara but I would know the hole would still be there which would annoy me. haha

Look for a local leather/vinyl technician, they will be able to repair a hole no problem, I've repaired countless mounts of holes and tears in leather/vinyl.

I had the same rip in mine.
I bought an arm rest off Ebay for £20.
Took me 20mins to swap it over (remove door card, couple of screws holding it in)

Last edited:
Just find a replacement on eBay.

Look for a local leather/vinyl technician, they will be able to repair a hole no problem, I've repaired countless mounts of holes and tears in leather/vinyl.

i would but I'm from the north of Scotland so don't think there are any about.
how much would u charge to do this? So then I can get a ball park figure.
and also how much to re-trim in alcantara ;)

I had a split like this as well in my S3. I got a friend to retrim it (I can get you his details!) Cost me About £150 with both arm rests trimmed and also my triangle grab handles. That was in Vinyl. You will have to check if you require a price on Alancatara! Let me know

Just buy a new arm & fit it, easiest option to maintain the interior as you now have.

i would but I'm from the north of Scotland so don't think there are any about.
how much would u charge to do this? So then I can get a ball park figure.
and also how much to re-trim in alcantara ;)

A bit of filler... a wee sand down and then plastidip the arm rest... worked a treat for me and mine was a lot worse than that ;)

Hand rest restoration 2

How hard wearing would that be though, what with your elbow on it all day??

I've got the same but a lot worse, this is how i bought the car i went to audi and they guys there said that happens a lot from the sweat after that i had a full valet .

Arms

I've got the same but a lot worse, this is how i bought the car i went to audi and they guys there said that happens a lot from the sweat after that i had a full valet .

View attachment 20588

for that i would just buy a new 1.... Mine was only a couple of cracks and thats the way i bought the car 2....

for that i would just buy a new 1.... Mine was only a couple of cracks and thats the way i bought the car 2....

Hi mate, how much did you pay for yours? Im looking to buy mine soon

Hi mate, how much did you pay for yours? Im looking to buy mine soon

I just repaired mine mate cause I heard they were bout £60 from audi dealership.... Just keep checking ebay if your thinking about replacing them, cause they always pop up now and then