After 6 years of ownership I thought I would write a little review and some updated photos of the car.
I picked the car up on the 1st of September 2007 as a late 30th birthday present for myself (I wanted to wait a few months to get the new registration plate).
Here is the original post:-
September 1st 2007 Delivery
This was my first proper car after owning a 1991 Nissan Micra 1.2 GS from 1994 to 2000 and then a 2000 Nissan Almera 1.5E from 2000 until 2007.
I’ve kept the car standard since I bought it. I’m tempted to get it chipped to stage 1 but I can't justify it to myself until I change the clutch.
What I like about the car:-
What I don’t like:-
- S3 is in a lower tax bracket compared to an R32 (Which was my first choice of car to buy)
- Turbo makes driving fun when going in a straight line especially passing cars.
- Build quality is really good it feels that it’s a quality product especially after sitting in an Evo or an Impreza wrx.
- When doing Motorway driving the range in the tank is over 400miles.
Its not a cheap car to run but I haven't had any issues until over that last couple of weeks the battery is going flat. So that's will need replacing in the coming weeks.
- Hate the fact when flooring the accelerator there is no quick pick-up from rest.
- The front seats don’t remember which position they were in after someone has gained access to the rear seats.
- Sat-nav does not have full UK postcode search.
- The standard tyres are not great in the snow.
- Gear box doesn't like being rushed.
- Loosing £20k in depreciation.
Here are some pics from today:-
Gave it a wash as a registration day present:-
Engine bay needs a clean:-
The driver seat hasn't started sagging yet:-
Wheels need to be refurbished at some point:-
Gear stick is looking a bit scratched now:-
The driver and passenger side b pillars have a gold look in the paint for some reason:-
The passenger side head light washer is starting to wear:-
Exactly 48000 miles today:-
I really like the S3 and I have no regrets in buying it.
So would I buy another S3?
When it’s time for me to get another car I don’t think so. I’ve grown up and will be looking for something different and faster, but that's not going to be for a few years yet.