JMB RetrofitsAH Fabrications
    imported_hburnett

Heated wing mirrors

Just wondering, but isn't the Sport supposed to come with heated wing mirrors? Because I've noticed that mine don't really heat up! bum pooh!
    h

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status

Re: Heated wing mirrors

[ QUOTE ]
    Just wondering, but isn't the Sport supposed to come with heated wing mirrors? Because I've noticed that mine don't really heat up! bum pooh!
    h

[/ QUOTE ]

"Wing mirrors"

What a lovely quaint expression! They don't fit them anymore....

If it is the door mirrors you have then they work when the heated rear window is on.

imported_hburnett

Well bad me for being politically incorrect.... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I thought that the 'door' mirrors (hehehe) are heated with the rear window on, but I haven't seen any thing to say otherwise... Just becomes a messy mirror!

h

VOIP Dude

Status

Didn't we have this a while back?

UK Spec cars only heat the mirrors when the mirror control switch is in the "Central" position - IE not able to adjust either mirror. If it is to the left or the right then they won't heat up. The rear demister does not need to be on for this to work.

Outside the UK, they work with the rear demister.....

2nd Gear

Status

Heated door mirrors - aside from the light dew we experience in the autumn the rest of the year a heated mirror simply bakes the crap onto the glass - net result is that you still can't see!

So get hand out and try and clear dried on crap and transition that into a smeary mess....................... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

imported_hburnett

ahhh that'll be the problem! it's to the left... Dope! Cheers for that OutLore!

1st Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Didn't we have this a while back?

UK Spec cars only heat the mirrors when the mirror control switch is in the "Central" position - IE not able to adjust either mirror. If it is to the left or the right then they won't heat up. The rear demister does not need to be on for this to work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine work regardless of where the mirror adjustment is, I always leave the mirror switch pointing to the passenger side so I can adjust it down when parking, heaters work fine, maybe it's a Sportback trait?

VOIP Dude

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Mine work regardless of where the mirror adjustment is, I always leave the mirror switch pointing to the passenger side so I can adjust it down when parking, heaters work fine, maybe it's a Sportback trait?

[/ QUOTE ]

DOH! I hadn't considered the Sportback Curse!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif[/img]

I wonder if the facelift A3 3Dr is the same then [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif[/img]

1st Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. Central position thingamajig on my car too.