s3 clutch options ?

s3_sid

Reaction score
right guys some of you may have read a few of my other threads about buying a car then the engine went bang any how got the engine out yesterday and the flywheel is kaput and the friction plate is almost to the rivets ! the cars cost me a fortune so i need some options and need to come up with the most economical option!

so i want to know what is my best option bering in mind i would like to go stage 2+ in the near future !

i have been looking at all possibilities of smf kits or dmf kits !

i am lead to believe the loba motorpsort one is the best for feel and silentness ? does anyone know the cheapest place to get hold of one ?

also what option have people gone with for up rated friction plates and pressure plate on a dual mass flywheel ?

i have seen darkside do a kit Sachs Dual Mass Flywheel and Darkside Clutch Kit for VW 02Q 6 Speed 2.0 TDI - Darkside Developments i know its not listed for a 2.0tfsi but should fit i assume

cheers in advance guys

Really only really need to pick S3Alex brains buddy. I'm sure he would be able to guide u :)

Reactions: S3Alex
Yeah he is knowledgable that's for sure !!

V kind....only through lots of help and a few years of ownership!

I think the Loba is the best short of a full race clutch like the thing I have,and will be easy to use on a daily basis,and not too noisy at idle.

If you wanted to retain the DMF setup,I'd advise the Sachs organic,but it does need to be bedded in fairly gently for a few hundred miles.

Alex do you have happen to know what the max torque of the Sachs/luk dmf setup is if properly bedded in?

I know from my previous experience with 1.9tdi's the Sachs dmf can take a lot of pain it more getting a friction plate and pressure plate that mate onto it that are road use friendly ! Stay away from luk they just don't seem to last as long !

Do you know where's cheapest place to get a loba kit Alex ?

Alex do you have happen to know what the max torque of the Sachs/luk dmf setup is if properly bedded in?

Put it this way.....I had this setup on mine,and it's rated to 400lbs,but mine finally threw in the towel at 440lbs,which I thought was pretty impressive.

It won't tolerate drag style starts,and it needs bedding in,but otherwise it's a good clutch.

I know from my previous experience with 1.9tdi's the Sachs dmf can take a lot of pain it more getting a friction plate and pressure plate that mate onto it that are road use friendly ! Stay away from luk they just don't seem to last as long !

Do you know where's cheapest place to get a loba kit Alex ?

I can't remember where you are in the country,but I would try my usual watering hole....AMDTuning.

Give Ben a call and see what they can do.

I'm in Kendal cumbria but won't matter as ill fit it my self before the engine goes back in so the sooner I sort one the sooner I can have fun !!!

I'm in Kendal cumbria but won't matter as ill fit it my self before the engine goes back in so the sooner I sort one the sooner I can have fun !!!

In that case,give Ben a call!

What's their contact number mate ? I'm stuck in the hills today so internet is poor :/

loba is good. after 5000km now and then there is rattle. but it depends how you release the clutch (that's what i noticed).
maybe it would be best to order it directly from loba if you're fitting it yourself?

loba is good. after 5000km now and then there is rattle. but it depends how you release the clutch (that's what i noticed).
maybe it would be best to order it directly from loba if you're fitting it yourself?

If you're contacting Loba UK, ask for Simon

Excellent guy and very helpful.

Reactions: S.
got to agree with you.

Dident know loba had a uk number ! I'v got a local ish firm getting me a price on one what's their number direct might save me some hassle !

Just ordered a loba one from amd worked out cheaper than my local dealer they wanted almost 1100!!

Just ordered a loba one from amd worked out cheaper than my local dealer they wanted almost 1100!!

Good news.

Happy to help part another member from his cash,but save some into the bargain!

i dont need any help with that you want to see my tps bill !! best part of £750 !! iv practically rebuild and replaced every nut gasket the pick up pipe you name it it been done !! should help if i ever come to sell it !

I don't think you will be disappointed with the Loba/Sachs kit, they work great with nice feel and very little rattle from the SMF

I might try the old trick people do on the 02m Tdi boxes with smf just over full the gearbox by half a litre and it makes a big difference !