Safe Gains on a 2.0 tdi 170

weeroughy

Reaction score
I have an A3 pd170 2.0 tdi, and am looking to have a full exhaust system, DPF delete and and remap installed on the car.

Most places i have had quotes from have been anticipating about 220-240 bhp, and around 330ft/lbs. To me, this seems like a big jump from the standard 170bhp, and the same with the torque.

Are these figures safe? In the sense that i won't completely ruin my DSG box and turbo?

If so, what would be recommended as sensible limits.

Thanks.

Diesels map well, torque is the killer not sure what the standard clutch is rated too.I'll watch this thread for answers :)

i think, with dpf removed you get just over 200 for a stage 1 remap, but im sure over 220 figures are with hybrid turbo's with LOTS of extra mods etc.
I dont own a diesel, this is just what i remember seeing on other posts :)

JJ.

210 is safer other than that is a big jump for your clutch or turbo unless you upgrade your turbo to hybrid and uprated clutch.

The place that's looking most likely at the moment are saying...
Turbo back milltek with dpf offAdditional Cold air feed added to the standard air box
EGR delete
Custom map with dsg map

Expects around 220-225 bhp, and about 310ft/lbs.
Too much? Car is on 65k from 2006.

I'm looking for as much power as will still keep it reliable, car is used everyday so not looking to have to deal with turbo/gearbox issues pushing it too hard.

The place that's looking most likely at the moment are saying...
Turbo back milltek with dpf offAdditional Cold air feed added to the standard air box
EGR delete
Custom map with dsg map

Expects around 220-225 bhp, and about 310ft/lbs.
Too much? Car is on 65k from 2006.

I'm looking for as much power as will still keep it reliable, car is used everyday so not looking to have to deal with turbo/gearbox issues pushing it too hard.

Your turbo and clutch won't be able to handle that much power for long