Tint on Sportbacks

jphc

RS6 Dreamin'
Reaction score
What percentage of Tint do you guys have on your Sportbacks?

Mine is black and I'm looking to get tint all round but i have no idea what looks good.

Maybe i could see some pics of yours?

Thanks

I had mine done in Limo Black from the centre pillar round. The fronts were also tinted to the legal limit too.

ATVB!

David.

Here is mine, tinted all windows. Lightest possible on the fronts and medium around the back from the b pillar. Not too dark so that I can still see out of the car at night but enough so that it blends in and looks the part. Those cars that only have rears done look off to me, doesn't quiet blend in.

its hard to see the level of tint on the windows in pictures as the car is always showing reflections of things around it... You can see the steering wheel through the window on the second pic.

77bbf198-9f4d-4095-8a3e-ef7dc6e48238.jpg

file-18.jpg

Reactions: jphc, zak151, DeeGee68 and 2 others
Here is mine, tinted all windows. Lightest possible on the fronts and medium around the back from the b pillar. Not too dark so that I can still see out of the car at night but enough so that it blends in and looks the part. Those cars that only have rears done look off to me, doesn't quiet blend in.

its hard to see the level of tint on the windows in pictures as the car is always showing reflections of things around it... You can see the steering wheel through the window on the second pic.

file-18.jpg

Looks Niiiice! Swear i've seen this car before..... Haha!

I am going for a slight tint on the rears as prev did tints on my leon fronts and backs and the fronts were a pain at night harder to see m/bikes during day with no lights on.

I had mine done in Limo Black from the centre pillar round. The fronts were also tinted to the legal limit too.

ATVB!

David.

There cars comes out the factory with a slight tint on the windows so by the time you put the tint on the front your illegal

Hmm thanks guys. Still not decided.

May not get the driver and passenger windows done, as jonny1985 said, the cars come with a slight tint and by the time you have added what you have been told is the legal amount of tint, You are actually over the amount you are aloud as the factory tint wasn't taken into account.

However I think it might look silly just having the rear heavily tinted. I might take it down the tinting shop and see what they recommend. I'll keep you guys updated.

file-18.jpg

Your car is gorgeous. These wheels look amazing!

Have you thought about these? AUDI A3 5DR 2003on CAR SUN SHADES BLINDS TINT | eBay I'm going to get some soon, had them in the Leon i had (still got selling) They are superb they just clip in and the windows can be down but still the shade is up and lets air in.I'd never go tinted after using these.
Pics of them on my Leon

****** hard to photograph lol i'll try again when no reflections are about.

dscf0202a.jpg

dscf0203.jpg

dscf0204.jpg

dscf0205.jpg

file-18.jpg

what percentage are thos, car looks amazing btw rs6 wheels hard to get hold of unless you have ££££

i honestly cant remember the percentage, i had it done so long ago now (about 3 years)
all i remember is that i asked for the lowest lightest for the fronts and a medium tint on the rears... my last car had darker tints (not limo) and i hated it so i wanted one shade up.

yea too much is annoying cant see anything when your reversing, need to get it just right

well i have a reversing camera on mine now so its doesnt bother me but still its nice to be able to see out the rear window.
even though with the dimming rear view mirror and the dimming glass on the wing mirrors i sometimes feel like too much light comes through the tints, oh well i like it how it is though