EM TuningAH Fabrications
Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By Ash187
  • 1 Post By Ash187

Thread: Tint on Sportbacks

P R N D S

Status

Tint on Sportbacks

What percentage of Tint do you guys have on your Sportbacks?

Mine is black and I'm looking to get tint all round but i have no idea what looks good.

Maybe i could see some pics of yours?

Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    I had mine done in Limo Black from the centre pillar round. The fronts were also tinted to the legal limit too.

ATVB!

David.

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    Here is mine, tinted all windows. Lightest possible on the fronts and medium around the back from the b pillar. Not too dark so that I can still see out of the car at night but enough so that it blends in and looks the part. Those cars that only have rears done look off to me, doesn't quiet blend in.

its hard to see the level of tint on the windows in pictures as the car is always showing reflections of things around it... You can see the steering wheel through the window on the second pic.

Dannykn9, MB RS3, DeeGee68 and 2 others like this.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Interior Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash187 View Post
    Here is mine, tinted all windows. Lightest possible on the fronts and medium around the back from the b pillar. Not too dark so that I can still see out of the car at night but enough so that it blends in and looks the part. Those cars that only have rears done look off to me, doesn't quiet blend in.

its hard to see the level of tint on the windows in pictures as the car is always showing reflections of things around it... You can see the steering wheel through the window on the second pic.

Looks Niiiice! Swear i've seen this car before..... Haha!
    Ibis White RS3 - Black Satin Wheels - Black Styling Package -

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

Lol yep! And you should be seeing it on temp alloys tomorrow when you come round
    DeeGee68 likes this.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

2nd Gear

Status
    I am going for a slight tint on the rears as prev did tints on my leon fronts and backs and the fronts were a pain at night harder to see m/bikes during day with no lights on.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeGee68 View Post
    I had mine done in Limo Black from the centre pillar round. The fronts were also tinted to the legal limit too.

ATVB!

David.
    There cars comes out the factory with a slight tint on the windows so by the time you put the tint on the front your illegal

3rd Gear

Status
    can't tint the front so fish bowl for me

P R N D S

Status
    Hmm thanks guys. Still not decided.

May not get the driver and passenger windows done, as jonny1985 said, the cars come with a slight tint and by the time you have added what you have been told is the legal amount of tint, You are actually over the amount you are aloud as the factory tint wasn't taken into account.

However I think it might look silly just having the rear heavily tinted. I might take it down the tinting shop and see what they recommend. I'll keep you guys updated.

P R N D S

Status

Your car is gorgeous. These wheels look amazing!

07 170 DSG

Status
    Have you thought about these? AUDI A3 5DR 2003on CAR SUN SHADES BLINDS TINT | eBay I'm going to get some soon, had them in the Leon i had (still got selling) They are superb they just clip in and the windows can be down but still the shade is up and lets air in.I'd never go tinted after using these.
    Pics of them on my Leon

Bloody hard to photograph lol i'll try again when no reflections are about.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Reverse Gear

Status

what percentage are thos, car looks amazing btw rs6 wheels hard to get hold of unless you have ££££

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

i honestly cant remember the percentage, i had it done so long ago now (about 3 years)
    all i remember is that i asked for the lowest lightest for the fronts and a medium tint on the rears... my last car had darker tints (not limo) and i hated it so i wanted one shade up.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

Reverse Gear

Status
    yea too much is annoying cant see anything when your reversing, need to get it just right

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

well i have a reversing camera on mine now so its doesnt bother me but still its nice to be able to see out the rear window.
    even though with the dimming rear view mirror and the dimming glass on the wing mirrors i sometimes feel like too much light comes through the tints, oh well i like it how it is though
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,