White smoke

Djwoody

Reaction score
Hi.
I own a 2008 A3 2.0 TDI 170, which has been remapped and DPF deleted.

Usually when I put my foot down and go high thru the rev range I get a puff of black smoke (obviously as the DPF has gone), but this morning I noticed every time I went high thru the rev range I was getting quite a lot of white smoke.
This doesn't happen during general driving or on tickover, just when I'm giving it the 'beans'.
Anyone know what this could be?

Chris

It's unburned fuel in your exhaust system. Probably due to your injectors failing due to the increased demand imposed on them.

It's unburned fuel in your exhaust system. Probably due to your injectors failing due to the increased demand imposed on them.

Ah right. Is there anything I need to upgrade or should it be ok?
I'm not heavy footed all the time, just blow the cobwebs off every now and again. :)

Could be oil sitting in boost hoses as i get it due to still having oil in intercooler from when my turbo blew up will take a while for the intercooler to get clean but when i get a chance i clean the hoses if i can be bothered lol otherwise smoke screen it is,

Just to jump in on this one... Why do the cars smoke so much black smoke? My 140 let's out small clouds of black smoke every time I floor it and I can't help but think its just a little too much.