Front Bumper

pj51182

Reaction score
Just placed a "wanted" add on here and had a look on eBay to find a new black front bumper. Thinking of trying to replace myself and looks quite straight forward in ELSA. Can anyone advise if this is the case?

Also any idea of costs would be useful.

Cheers

It's easy, see my A3 Grille Install link in my signature for instructions.

And regarding the cost of the bumper, it depends on which bumper you want? Sport, S-Line or S3 as they would all fit.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link - very helpful! Where did you get the parts - direct from Audi?

Audi want £260 + vat primed so have been looking at other options. I've been getting quotes from all over the place and looking on ebay for secondhand parts.

Found one that is up for £70 but it's for a black edition. My paint code is LY9B - anyone know what is the paint code on a black edition?

Cheers

Phil

Black Editions come in both Brilliant black and Phantom black so you'd need to find out the code of the care it came off

I'm thinking of buying this one but the guy can't tell me what colour code it is! What do you think? He sent me a some extra pics and looks in decent condition. 2010 AUDI A3 BLACK EDITION FRONT BUMPER | eBay

S3 bumper - what else would I need to get in addition to fit it? Take it my Fog Grilles wouldn't fit?

Hard to tell from those pictures, brilliant black and phantom black look very similar in pictures, just like akoya silver and avus. I'm thinking brilliant black because I don't see much metallic in the paint. Post the pictures he sent. Why have you choosen a standard bumper? I would be picking a S3 or Sline bumper.

The bumper I linked would require S3 diffuser and fog grilles, an extra 140 or so.

Does the S3 bumper use the same grille as a normal A3 then? I thought it was different? As in fit wise, I know theres different version slats, honeycomb etc but the actual fit is the same?

Tempted!

Yes, but only on the facelift / mid 2008 onwards models though.

Reactions: betty02
I'm thinking of buying this one but the guy can't tell me what colour code it is! What do you think? He sent me a some extra pics and looks in decent condition. 2010 AUDI A3 BLACK EDITION FRONT BUMPER | eBay

S3 bumper - what else would I need to get in addition to fit it? Take it my Fog Grilles wouldn't fit?

That bumper is not a Black Edition bumper, it's the same as what you've got (assuming yours is a Sport or SE model).

At a guess the colour is the same code. The colour code for Phantom Black is LZ9Y.

You'd just need some new S3 fog grilles, your existing grille will fit the S3 bumper.

Yes, but only on the facelift / mid 2008 onwards models though.

Aghh looking at getting a 55 plate A3, doesn't have the split grille has the all in one, so I'm best buying an S3 bumper with the grille already then. Looks easy enough to fit!

Aghh looking at getting a 55 plate A3, doesn't have the split grille has the all in one, so I'm best buying an S3 bumper with the grille already then. Looks easy enough to fit!

Depends if you want genuine OEM as FK do some S3 looking grilles - Tuning FK Automotive | wheels, lighting tuning, aerodinamic

The S3 bumper you'd be after will be very expensive as there aren't that many about now. You'd be better off going to a dealer to get one as i've seen some used S3 front bumpers go for more than what you'd pay for one at the dealers!

****** hell really? So I am after a year specific then, so has to be off an S3 that was 2007 or lower and then sort the grilles out from there, what's the actual difference in the fit from the one I need and the newer ones? If it's something like wings and that's all I may look into purchasing them also if it works out cheaper overall!

Thanks agin, really appreciate it.

So basically you want to facelift it (mid 2008 onwards) which is new bumper, front wings, bonnet and headlights etc. It's not cheap but loads of people on here have done it.

Otherwise you need the S3 front bumper off a pre facelift car which as explained, are expensive.

Sorry for my confusion! Used to the Mk5 Scene! I thought that the pre-facelift shape looked liked the is -

Frontbefore.jpg

Whilst one I was looking at getting this weekend is this -

cxr9.png

That's where I was getting confused! Sorry just trying to get my head around it all, don't mean to come across as an ****!

Been a great help! Will ring up Audi and see there price for an 8P2 S3 Bumper then.

Good job I'm sat down I guess!

Been a great help! Will ring up Audi and see there price for an 8P2 S3 Bumper then.

Good job I'm sat down I guess!

Not sure you can just ring them up and ask for a price for one, they will ask you for chassis number I'd expect and obviously you don't have an S3 chassis so it won't work.