darkside developments budget kit gtb1756v

bigal23

Reaction score
finally had the darkside developments budget kit gtb1756v fitted choose this kit instead of going for the gtb2260 as I wanted to keep the spool as low as possible.

well all I can say is wow such a different car and just feels so fast now even in 6th at 30mph(not recommended) will still pull off the turbo has transformed the car along with great mapping.

I have a bkd Quattro and it always felt heavy and felt slow low down but now feels so light and quick. around town the spool is great you never seem to get caught out in the wrong gear as you can still pull away fine if you do put it in the wrong one.

also had there own cone filter fitted which looks good and sounds great not over the top just a subtle whoosh noise.

can not recommend ryan and scott at darkside enough while fitting my kit they had trouble with the rolling road as its a Quattro and didn't seem to like just front wheels running and began grabbing also abs esp went mad turns out after two days finding out what was causing it the abs ring had broke don't know how or why but they replaced it and car was back running great it ended up making 229.5hp and 340ish lbs torque when it was having problems so could be a little more now

before this kit I had a turbo dynamics hybrid stage 2 fitted I cannot compare the two its like night and day if you thinking hybrid for your diesel don't do it, go for this kit you will not be disappointed

Reactions: TDI140 and sliced
Hmm good gains drkside developments are very good, i had a race on private grounds with a mk4 tdi golf running darkside developments tuning hubrid and map it was very impressive i could keep up but could not over take, whats next injectors ?

Sounds like you got some good gains, how did they manage to do a rr I thought they only had a fwd rr?

Take fuse out for rear wheels the it only sends power to front wheels my mate does it on his s3 on his dyno

Hmm good gains drkside developments are very good, i had a race on private grounds with a mk4 tdi golf running darkside developments tuning hubrid and map it was very impressive i could keep up but could not over take, whats next injectors ?
nothing next as am not going massive power going to get handling sorted next and exhaust sorted. going to try something different with my rear diffuser but need to find another one to cut a piece off so anyone has a damaged or wants rid of an rear s3 8p diffuser give me a shout.
will post pics to this thread over the weekend

Also you said you have there open cone filter i would like to see pics so hurry please as im lookin for an cold air intake for mine and not sure if i should buy the s3 ITG intake and make it fit my standard intake pipe

So whats the difference between this and the gtb2260? Would I be correct in saying that the gtb2260 is the same as the 3.0TDI V6 turbo right? If you wanted to do the gtb2260 upgrade is it just the turbo, manifold and injectors? (obviously remap too) and will it fit the CR engines 140/170?

Ring up darkside developments they can tell you, also you dont need injectors h less you want 230bhp+ stock injectors are good for 230bhp

theres hundreds of threads like this explaining TDI tuning find them or just read some of my started threads

Ring up darkside developments they can tell you, also you dont need injectors h less you want 230bhp+ stock injectors are good for 230bhp

theres hundreds of threads like this explaining TDI tuning find them or just read some of my started threads

I was asking specifically about the gtb2260 after searching I came up with 2 threads, this one and another one. Couldn't find any others. Never mind, i'll speak to my mate who works for a tuning company. Its a long way down the road yet but its a possibility. My GF's Gold GT TDI 140 had to have a new turbo on it so worried later on mine might have to too (hers was running 185bhp 320ftlb)

Reactions: TDI140
what clutch are you running ?

finally had the darkside developments budget kit gtb1756v fitted choose this kit instead of going for the gtb2260 as I wanted to keep the spool as low as possible.

well all I can say is wow such a different car and just feels so fast now even in 6th at 30mph(not recommended) will still pull off the turbo has transformed the car along with great mapping.

I have a bkd Quattro and it always felt heavy and felt slow low down but now feels so light and quick. around town the spool is great you never seem to get caught out in the wrong gear as you can still pull away fine if you do put it in the wrong one.

also had there own cone filter fitted which looks good and sounds great not over the top just a subtle whoosh noise.

can not recommend ryan and scott at darkside enough while fitting my kit they had trouble with the rolling road as its a Quattro and didn't seem to like just front wheels running and began grabbing also abs esp went mad turns out after two days finding out what was causing it the abs ring had broke don't know how or why but they replaced it and car was back running great it ended up making 229.5hp and 340ish lbs torque when it was having problems so could be a little more now

before this kit I had a turbo dynamics hybrid stage 2 fitted I cannot compare the two its like night and day if you thinking hybrid for your diesel don't do it, go for this kit you will not be disappointed

20130830 19153820130830 19153220130830 19152920130830 19145220130830 19152620130830 19145620130830 19151420130830 191459

Reactions: martinivw and RedDejavu
best pics i could get off the turbo area

i have a provent fitted they are awsome better than any other oil catch can darkside will be selling these shortly at the min the are hard to souce in the uk. so far no oil has gone back into my inlet its all been fully trapped and filtered in the provent. even has apresure overload on the top incase of a blockage or anything that could stop the flow

I was asking specifically about the gtb2260 after searching I came up with 2 threads, this one and another one. Couldn't find any others. Never mind, i'll speak to my mate who works for a tuning company. Its a long way down the road yet but its a possibility. My GF's Gold GT TDI 140 had to have a new turbo on it so worried later on mine might have to too (hers was running 185bhp 320ftlb)
you have a common rail and will struggle to get more than 230 no matter what turbo you fit ask the lads at darkside or check tdi club everyone is struggling with the cr engines

Reactions: TDI_TIM
Looks like excellent workmanship and very neat and tidy, never heard of a "provent" though how much did it set you back all in all?

Nicely done man but exhaust manifold and back of engine has a lot of oil on there did you oem turbo blow up ? Darkside should have cleaned it up if they fitted it, you dont want that dripping on actuator and clogging up get that cleaned mate, but nice set up,

also the with the air filter are all those silicone intake hoses included in the online price ? If so i will buy one or are they bought seperatly ?
Also could you tell me the full price of intake if they sell it as a package
cheers

Nicely done man but exhaust manifold and back of engine has a lot of oil on there did you oem turbo blow up ? Darkside should have cleaned it up if they fitted it, you dont want that dripping on actuator and clogging up get that cleaned mate, but nice set up,

also the with the air filter are all those silicone intake hoses included in the online price ? If so i will buy one or are they bought seperatly ?
Also could you tell me the full price of intake if they sell it as a package
cheers

I doubt the silicone hoses are included in the price its just for the cone filter.

sorry was looking at pics on my iphone seemed dirty its just the colour of manifold my apologise, mine just looks extra clean because its coated in grey heat resistant paint,

what did they charge for the intake then ?

I doubt the silicone hoses are included in the price its just for the cone filter.
haha thats what i was thinking if its that price ill buy it asap lol

inst that cone filter just going to suck warm air in there ?

im going to get one and get 45degree silicone hose made in red from the maf so the filter sits infront of the stock intake on the grill so it takes in all the cold air and get a heat sheild made, surely a decent pipercross or green cotton large cone filter will be good specially with direct cold air feeds whats your thought tdi-man ?

sounds like a good plan...

mines booked in for custom remap on monday ...turbo can take 250 bhp and 420 ft lb max and 2 bar but wont be pusing 2 bar

im going to get one and get 45degree silicone hose made in red from the maf so the filter sits infront of the stock intake on the grill so it takes in all the cold air and get a heat sheild made, surely a decent pipercross or green cotton large cone filter will be good specially with direct cold air feeds whats your thought tdi-man ?

Reactions: TDI140
sounds like a good plan...

mines booked in for custom remap on monday ...turbo can take 250 bhp and 420 ft lb max and 2 bar but wont be pusing 2 bar

I thought the Turbo Technics Hybrid could take 240 max? you getting Darkside Developments to custom map yours?

236 bhp at 1.8 bar
250 bhp max at 2.0 bar

I thought the Turbo Technics Hybrid could take 240 max? you getting Darkside Developments to custom map yours?

be happy with 225 ish and 340 ftlb

236 bhp at 1.8 bar
250 bhp max at 2.0 bar
no way will a hybrid do 250 these quotes are no way accurate like turbo dynamics saying there stage 2 is 240-260bhp I had that turbo and it definatley would no way do that.

its you money but I would never waste my cash again on a hybrid rather go for a big turbo or a baby big turbo like am running now so much smoother tons of power and I don't see any gtb1756 or above failing unlike hybrids that always seem to go pop.

one I had on my golf was on the way out siren noise like coppers following me and low boost plumes of smoke was shocking after only 10k

I am a very sceptical person about things people claim and when darkside said it will be better than the hybrid I had they where not kidding it is truly like night and day the difference.

pop down and see if they would take you for a spin in one of there project cars with a big turbo then you will see the difference.

no as its tucked in the corner its got cold air from the bottom coming in and from the grill where the stock one used to be. so far not experienced any problems with it and warm air tbh its a very good filter and set up am getting easy 51-55mpg average on a run and lowest I have seen is 45 on some b-roads but I can get it to low 30s if you boot it round town which I don't, well once lol

Looks like excellent workmanship and very neat and tidy, never heard of a "provent" though how much did it set you back all in all?
provent £116 shipped

hoses custom size 35 each cone filter 35

clutch around 900 fitted

turbo buget kit was 1900 I think

had few other bits fitted as well they looked after me with it all and got a free key ring yay

no way will a hybrid do 250 these quotes are no way accurate like turbo dynamics saying there stage 2 is 240-260bhp I had that turbo and it definatley would no way do that.

its you money but I would never waste my cash again on a hybrid rather go for a big turbo or a baby big turbo like am running now so much smoother tons of power and I don't see any gtb1756 or above failing unlike hybrids that always seem to go pop.

one I had on my golf was on the way out siren noise like coppers following me and low boost plumes of smoke was shocking after only 10k

I am a very sceptical person about things people claim and when darkside said it will be better than the hybrid I had they where not kidding it is truly like night and day the difference.

pop down and see if they would take you for a spin in one of there project cars with a big turbo then you will see the difference.

A lot of people rate hybrid turbo's who mapped your previous hybrid? and did your Turbo dynamics one blow up after 10k?

the golfs orginal turbo was doing the same before I had it reconded to hybrid but turbo dynamics said it was on its last legs. the golf was stolen sadly.

AMD mapped the hybrid I had on this audi.

I think the days of hybrids are on the way out there are better options out there for the same money or little more and I feel more reliable heard a lot of this hybrids going wrong or not putting out the power that was claimed.

there is becoming a larger interest in diesels in the uk now and we are finally seeing people like darkside making head way with the egnies and turbos like in the America. some guys in the uk where doing big turbo set ups like the gtb2260vk and realising that they are the way forward one guy in particular on the ukmkivs forum ard is his name went for a hybrid realised the lack of the turbos capabilities and was one of the first to do a 2260 on his own car he also agreed that the hybrid turbos are nothing like these new ones you can check his build thread on there.

am not anti hybrid am not saying everyone is wrong am just stating that I have tried both and I think hybrids are a waste of money now a days when you have ones like gtb1756 and the gtb2056. I also would not want anyone to waste there money like I did.

My turbo dynamics hybrid is mapped to 1.8bar and its just about producing 225bhp also u know that darkside developments run very high boost on all there turbo kits, 2bar on the tur o dynamics stage 2 i think the turbo wouldnt last very long and conpressor wheels could our spin it self and end up losing power, but with intercooler s3 cooler and clutch 1.9bar will be maximum i would take my hybrid turbo to
So im saving for air ride first them try and win an s3 cooler on ebay and then get darkside silicone hoses for the s3 cooler, and egr delete then 1.9bar i think or see if i can have it mapped to a little less 1.85bar or something

i thought the panel filter was good for 300bhp be interested to see how you get on with the cone filter

i thought the panel filter was good for 300bhp be interested to see how you get on with the cone filter
dunno what panel filter is rated and stock airbox is rated but im down on power due to oil in the intercooler from when turbo blew up so i need to change intercooler and im just going to get s3 one but want a bargain lol

My turbo dynamics hybrid is mapped to 1.8bar and its just about producing 225bhp also u know that darkside developments run very high boost on all there turbo kits, 2bar on the tur o dynamics stage 2 i think the turbo wouldnt last very long and conpressor wheels could our spin it self and end up losing power, but with intercooler s3 cooler and clutch 1.9bar will be maximum i would take my hybrid turbo to
So im saving for air ride first them try and win an s3 cooler on ebay and then get darkside silicone hoses for the s3 cooler, and egr delete then 1.9bar i think or see if i can have it mapped to a little less 1.85bar or something
not sure what my turbo is doing with regards to pressure but if darkside do run high boost its well within safe limits but with a hybrid you canrt get 225+ without going off the safe limits.

is having oil in your intercooler not going to cause you problems with your current turbo?

Yeah keep getting a little oil in the hoses every couple of weeks and i hate cleaning it out again and again its causing extra smoke hnder acceleration, i will be getting s3 cooler but there quite pricy so trying to get one on a budding war on ebay lol

your right there pal mapping to run low boost will be a waste of time, dark side run high boost but they clearly know the turbo can handle it so its all good, i was watching there santa pod drags today and there jetta is amazing power

provent £116 shipped

hoses custom size 35 each cone filter 35

clutch around 900 fitted

turbo buget kit was 1900 I think

had few other bits fitted as well they looked after me with it all and got a free key ring yay

I was going to get a turbo technics hybrid turbo, do you think darkside would be best to map? I guess they could do a deal on a custom remap with egr delete, hard cut rev and a provent fitted.

does the provent come with everything like pipes etc?

Why not just get there budget turbo kit then you have a great turbo decat remap and all fitted for 1900.

Provent comes with a filter inside that's replaceable and a fixing bracket which is very good. The hoses are just cheap ebay ones that's ok for diesel fuel/oil