Passenger door puddle / warning lights not working?

Jameze

James
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just noticed tonight that both my white puddle and red warning light don't appear to be working any more on the front passenger door only.

My DIS recognises that the door is open. I've even unlocked the car, opened the door and closed it again to see if the 'autolock' would re-lock my doors (to check if it was registering that the door had been opened).

It therefore appears that the car knows the door is open... but the lights just aren't coming on for some reason!

Has anybody come across this before?? I'm stumped.

Everything else works fine - window, folding mirror, speaker.

Cheers,

James

Try a new bulb weird that both have gone, not sure on how they are wired (no need to have door card off) Pop out the holder and check with a bulb from another door first.

Will give that a try tonight just to rule it out. I thought it was too much of a coincidence that 2 bulbs had gone, especially since they are Trups' LED's, so I didn't even bother to check as I thought it would be highly unlikely!

Doesn't hurt to check though so will report back once I have.

Okay so I've just swapped the bulbs around from the front / back door and the passenger door is still not illuminating.

Googling suggests at first that it is a microswitch fault in the lock... but all the threads I've found also state that when the microswitch becomes faulty, other things associated with it also go such as:
  • DIS not recognising the door is open.
  • Door speaker not working (?).
  • Car not recognising the door is open, so when unlocked, opened and closed again, the car auto-locks as if the doors have never been opened.

The interior lights come on when the door opens, everything behaves completely normal... except the puddle and warning lights just do not come on in that one door!

Any further help / advice / suggestions would be much appreciated.

bump.gif

Is there a fuse associated to the door lights?

I don't think there is (unless someone corrects me??). Cheers

Any advance on this?
It almost sounds like the wiring (from the cab bus node) is broken; this would take down both bulbs at the same time.
I would expect that the door card would have to come off to check that. So if you have access to VCDS, the next option might be easier to check first.

And if the pins coming out of the canbus node are not showing the voltage, then it almost seems like that controller has become deprogrammed. (Thinking in terms of the boxes, etc. Don't know for sure if this is possible, but you can check the programming without stripping out the door cards)

Can anyone help I have a 2007 a4 cab I’m lm looking to fit projector puddle lights but all I have at the moment is a blanking plate in the bottom but I don’t know if the wiring is ther or not .thanks

@Paul.ransom1 you won’t have the looms if you don’t already have the lights fitted. You’ll need to source the red and white lights along with looms then you’ll need to remove door cards, cut out the area where they sit then run and connect the pins to the plug and ofcourse get it coded by someone with vcds to get it working. Check out trups he does everything lighting and serves nearly the whole forum.