45/50mm springs on 17" anyone have photos?

Kieronboz

Reaction score
Hi I know 18's are better but one of my tires is very low, so im debating whether to just buy springs or keep saving for a 18+tyre package.

My aim is 18's and some eibach sportslines or sportsbacks or something I forget, but as im sure your all aware: Money!

So just wondering if anyone has this combination, as I would be spending £180 odd for springs, plus a 17" tyre at £110 for the potenzas, so that's basically £300 taken away from a £600 alloy+tyre pack!

But that would be say 18 Rotor reps, without lowering springs initially, so yeah, if 17+springs looks fine, I may just be tempted to go with that and save £300, but if it doesn't, ill limp on with my bad tyre and aim for the 18 pack without springs!

I'm my honest opinion mate I would hold out for the 18"s the just look a lot better and fill the arches out more

unfortunately I don't have pics of that set up but I'm sure some of the members here will have.

I'm my honest opinion mate I would hold out for the 18"s the just look a lot better and fill the arches out more

unfortunately I don't have pics of that set up but I'm sure some of the members here will have.

Yeah I agree with you I think, just have to wait another payday! :)

I'd always advise getting lows before new wheels. IMO, even on standard wheels, A3's (or any car for that matter) look better when they don't have the massive arch gap.

It isn't too bad with 18's, but driving around looking like a monster truck just looks daft.

I went the other way, I bought the wheels first, then the lows so I knew how low I wanted to go,

but IMO you can never go too low.

I wouldnt think you would have a problem with either wheel you choose.

Just maybe a little more arch gap with the 17's that's the only thing I could think that would be different.

Eibach sportline springs with standard 17" wheels Image