Thoughts after re-map and DPF removed

audiruss

Reaction score
I've just had the car re-mapped and had the DPF removed. I'm sure it's faster but doesn't feel faster as there's no jolt when the turbo kicks in, just a smoother delivery from lower revs which I'm sure is a good thing?

My question is, people who have also had this done, do you feel the same? Or did it feel much quicker when you drove it after the map? I also thought my gear changes don't seem as snappy (s-Tronic), it feels more like a normal auto box rather than the quick DSG change. I don't know if it's just me being paranoid or if this is the norm?

Once again, any thoughts most welcome.

Thanks

It transformed my car, I have the 2.0 tdi 170 Quattro and now it actually feels what it should.
power is unreal and when the turbo comes on boost I have a huge amount of power which is delivered really smoothly.

Hardly any turbo lag and have a nice spooling noise to go with it.
+no more dfp worries.

I've just had the car re-mapped and had the DPF removed. I'm sure it's faster but doesn't feel faster as there's no jolt when the turbo kicks in, just a smoother delivery from lower revs which I'm sure is a good thing?

My question is, people who have also had this done, do you feel the same? Or did it feel much quicker when you drove it after the map? I also thought my gear changes don't seem as snappy (s-Tronic), it feels more like a normal auto box rather than the quick DSG change. I don't know if it's just me being paranoid or if this is the norm?

Once again, any thoughts most welcome.

Thanks

What map did you get? i ask because iv heard people sell bad maps! and im sure the s-tronic requires a separate map for tweeking? (someone confirm?)

JJ.

It'd be good to get a "trusted DPF Removal/Remap" thread going for those of us who've yet to do it...

Out of interest, do you have to tell the insurance if you have a DPF removal?

In theory its actually not a modification as your not adding to the car your removing from the car. Ive read on a few other forums that you dont need to inform your insurance company about the DPF delete but seing as its getting remapped I would tell them just for piece-of-mind.

And if its DSG then yes the gearbox ECU has to be remapped also and there are 2 ways of doing this.....1st is by remapping the DSG ECU itself and 2nd there is a hack for the DSG that compliments the remap.........the 2nd option is standard practise on Shark Performance remaps unless you want the in depth remap for the ECU itself in which case you have to go to Shark HQ.

I'll call mine sometime, I'm thinking of having mine done after warranty, I don't want a big power remap to be honest...