Which Black Edition wheels do you prefer?

stefoster

Reaction score
Hi all,

As it pretty much says in the title which ones do you prefer?

I have a 2009 black edition with the twin spokes titanium alloys which I love, however i'm interested to hear how many others (espcically non-black edition owners prefer) prefer the rotar alloys instead?

I will try to add pics up later as cant seem to do it on this ****** iPad!

Cheers

Steve

I also have the twin spoke titanium alloys which i had refurbished and powdercoated recently to a slightly darker colour which I love. Rotors are nice too however God forbid if you ever kerb them. They are meant to be a nightmare to repair! Are you thinking about changing your wheels?

Tbh mate i'm really in two minds, i just don't know if it is worth the expense etc..

I'm more than happy with the ones I've got, I just like the rotar wheels too...

Rotors m8 :)
Although I love the 7 twin spoke ones, for me the rotors really set the car off.

null_zpseb7d3ffd.jpg

Reactions: SPARTAN91
Get a set of replicas for 400 quid or almost 500 a rim from Audi lol.
I'd stick with what u have m8, they look smart in titanium :)

I have the twin spoke titanium ones on my BE. My BE is white and the alloys are slightly darker / gun metal grey colour and they look so good in contrast to the white.

The rotars are nice and trust me if I had of gone for a an 11 plate (rather than a 10 plate) id of had them on my car. They are nice on a black car, but the titanium ones look better on a white car

Reactions: RobbieWebs
Personally if i were to change my wheels and i were to buy anything other than BBS I would get these..

IMG 3502
Ib2vyqaYPfFsUD

Reactions: Yolo_8p3
looking mint m8 :)
Don't know if I like the rotors in black, bit too much black against the black if u ask me.
On a white car with black pack and panoramic roof I bet they would look immense :)

thanks dude. I am pleased with the outcome. Didn't want to go full black for the reasons you stated. My friend has a 2013 Golf Gti and these are similar to the rims in the picture above and I think it looks great IMO

Photo

Love my rotors but I'm actually such a fan of the twin-spoke wheels I asked to spec them from the factory. I couldn't :(
However not too disappointed at what I ended up with!

I've got twin spokes, but every time I see a BE with rotors I get a little bit moist :unsure:

Reactions: Yolo_8p3
I would have replaced my twin spokes for BE rotors but I never came across a set that didn,t need a referb of some sort so as I wanted darker wheel's to go with monza silver I had my OEM one coloured gloss gun metal.

AY58 002

Black rotors look cheap and tacky if you ask me.

I have 2 sets, one OEM titanium, and another in satin black, I was considering getting the diamond edge lip painted white to match the car, but just don't know if I should do it.

I was thinking that it might look pretty decent if it was done,. like the RS3 red and black versions - only white and black instead.

Don't think it would look too tacky this way.

I have 2 sets, one OEM titanium, and another in satin black, I was considering getting the diamond edge lip painted white to match the car, but just don't know if I should do it.

I was thinking that it might look pretty decent if it was done,. like the RS3 red and black versions - only white and black instead.

Don't think it would look too tacky this way.
Why don't you have a go with plasti dip and if it doesn't look good just take it off:thumbup:

I prefer rotors but it seems like everyone does, cos every modern black A3 I see in this area has them, which makes me not want them :(