Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Idiot dangerous Ford Focus RS driver

Reverse Gear

Status

Idiot dangerous Ford Focus RS driver

Hi everyone, since I've had my new S3 it seems to have drawn attention and not all that's good. This morning I was driving down the road, I then noticed a white car behind me which then came up and was next to me on the right, it's a two lane road which leads into a single lane after some traffic lights.

I wasn't trying to race this car but I did put the accelerator down and ended up in front first, now this lunatic then tries to cut me off by overtaking me very dangerously as the two lanes become one, he then slams his brakes once he's overtaken - forcing me to slam my brakes on because he was nearly going to hit me, there obviously wasn't enough room for him to overtake and he deliberately cut me off.

It's really angered me that this twat tried to overtake me in such a dangerous manner. I've had other people do stupid things, but this is the second time someone in a Ford Focus RS has tried to race me, and to prove what? that their car is better, personally I think the Ford Focus is a cheap, hideously ugly chavvy looking car - which is no patch on an S3 lol.

I seem to be getting a few people trying to race me, has anyone else with an S3 experienced similar situations?
    Last edited by audiboyuk; 23rd August 2013 at 07:54.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Rarely neutral

Status
    Well....clearly the moron took your getting ahead as bait.

The RS is nearly as quick as a stock S3,and naturally a few members of each camp are going to find it neccessary to prove their car's superiorityand their driving god skills by overtaking anything seen as opposition.

I've had the occasional one take a punt,but very few to be honest,and so far,they all lose horribly,and mostly,I can't be bothered.

4th Gear

Status
    Agree with u the focus rs is one ugly machine. There are heaps of them up here with hideous paint colours.
    Seems to be a lot if younger drivers that have them, and they aren't that cheap either.
    Everyone loves playing about but some do take it too far ...
    Take it as a compliment tho as the S3 is top of its class
    Audi A4 BE 2.0 TDI 177 Quattro

Drive safe, stay alive.

Status
    Lucky! I only ever get corsas attempt this kind off stuff against me
    Dave4ku likes this.
    Current: 8P3 '59 2.0 TFSI 3DR S-Line | Adaptive Bixenons with DLR's | Folding electric mirrors | Heated half leathers |
    Previous : '06 2.0 TDi Sportback in Dolphin Grey| SE | DSG | Satnav | Privacy glass | auto lights | comfort pack |

Different Gear

Status
    Not sure where you boys are located but I never have any trouble with people trying to "race" me and I don't hang about. Ignore them and carry on as you normally would is my advice.
    09 Audi A3 2.0 TDI 170 S-Line SB 8P3
    - Full Leather - LED DRL's - BOSE - Cruise Control - RNS-E Mk2 - AMI - Bluetooth - Folding Mirrors -

VCDS owner - A3 Grille Install Guide

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow vivalacoulter On Twitter Add vivalacoulter on Facebook Visit vivalacoulter's Instagram Channel
    I've had this a lot in just the last fortnight after getting my 8l S3! What are they trying to prove against an 11 year old car?

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by audiboyuk View Post
    it's a two lane road which leads into a single lane after some traffic lights.

I wasn't trying to race this car but I did put the accelerator down and ended up in front first
    Tbh I can see how the Focus RS driver thought you was up for a race
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Sorry but this sounds like a bit of red mist on both sides. Yes he shouldn't have cut in front of you and then slammed on the brakes, but also you knew he had gone in the right hand lane and wanted to be past you yet you still put your foot down to try to prove to him that your car was faster. Next time just accelerate at the speed of the general traffic and let him look like an idiot racing off.
    NHN, S3Alex and S. like this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Round here I tend to get dickheads in wannabe gangsta cars just sitting on my arse all the time - the likes of old Merc CLK/CLCs, E46 BMWs, etc. to be honest I find it more annoying that they drive so dangerously; I'm quite confident in my ability to dust them off but I'm sure they realise it too!

5th Gear

Status
    So, you buy an S3, which is audi's performance range intended for car enthusiasts and expect people not to try and race you?!

if you don't want to race, why bait in the first place? Or even better if you hate the attention, take the rear badge off.
    S. and grr666 like this.

Neutral

Status
    Put a 1.6 fsi badge on the back lol

When I grow up, I want a 964!

Status

My Social Networking

Visit leeds2592's Instagram Channel
    Definitely should of overtook him at the soonest possibility and slammed on in front of him just to make a point.

Black 2007 2.0 FSI Sport
    2011 Glossy Black RNS-E |AP Coilovers | 18" 7 Spoke OEM BE Alloy Wheels | H&R Trak+ Spacers 8mm (Front) 12mm (Rear) | MY11 Rear Lights | S Line Spoiler | Retrofitted MFSW | Retrofitted Cruise Control | Interior LED Light Pack | OEM LED Numberplate Bulbs

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by leeds2592 View Post
    Definitely should of overtook him at the soonest possibility and slammed on in front of him just to make a point.

The only point that makes is that you(the person driving the car that's just been overtaken,and not YOU personally) are as much of an idiot as the one that's just overtaken you.

It also means the stupidity is going to continue,as the original moron tries to overtake you again etc etc.

Slamming the brakes on is also asking for trouble,when the one behind wallops you.

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    The only point that makes is that you(the person driving the car that's just been overtaken,and not YOU personally) are as much of an idiot as the one that's just overtaken you.

It also means the stupidity is going to continue,as the original moron tries to overtake you again etc etc.

Slamming the brakes on is also asking for trouble,when the one behind wallops you.
    I was joking matey
    S3Alex likes this.
    Black 2007 2.0 FSI Sport
    2011 Glossy Black RNS-E |AP Coilovers | 18" 7 Spoke OEM BE Alloy Wheels | H&R Trak+ Spacers 8mm (Front) 12mm (Rear) | MY11 Rear Lights | S Line Spoiler | Retrofitted MFSW | Retrofitted Cruise Control | Interior LED Light Pack | OEM LED Numberplate Bulbs

Rarely neutral

Status
    I was joking matey
    Sorry.....my mistake for misinterpreting that.

It's one of my pet hates as I often get to see the results of "red mist" or general daftness,so once again,apologies.

Status

My Social Networking

Sorry.....my mistake for misinterpreting that.

It's one of my pet hates as I often get to see the results of "red mist" or general daftness,so once again,apologies.
    No worries dude!

I agree with you, 2 wrongs definitely don't make a right, it just makes you as bad as the original muppet.
    S3Alex and RedDejavu like this.
    Black 2007 2.0 FSI Sport

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by audiboyuk View Post
    I wasn't trying to race this car but I did put the accelerator down and ended up in front first, now this lunatic then tries to cut me off by overtaking me very dangerously as the two lanes become one, he then slams his brakes once he's overtaken - forcing me to slam my brakes on because he was nearly going to hit me, there obviously wasn't enough room for him to overtake and he deliberately cut me off.
    To be honest mate how you describe your pulling off I too would have seen that as a green light to play. You also say he squeezed into a gap and broke hard forcing you to do so as well, kind of indicating you too were on it. As for your derogatory comments on the Focus RS whilst the styling is a bit Marmite the chassis frankly humps the Audi completely.
    S. likes this.

Life begins at 140mph
    Sell my Audi??? Kiss my rings!
    www.passionford.com

5th Gear

Status
    Spot on Dave_G.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_G View Post
    Sorry but this sounds like a bit of red mist on both sides. Yes he shouldn't have cut in front of you and then slammed on the brakes, but also you knew he had gone in the right hand lane and wanted to be past you yet you still put your foot down to try to prove to him that your car was faster. Next time just accelerate at the speed of the general traffic and let him look like an idiot racing off.
    S. likes this.

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    mate, seems that you are as wrong as that guy. he was on right lane clearly going to overtake you, and you didn't let him but you pressed acellerator down and got infront of him?you didn't want to race, but you actually did.
    S3Alex and RedDejavu like this.
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

5th Gear

Status
    I tell you what, give the car to me, as you clearly don't deserve to own an S3 if you want to drive it like miss daisy.

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by smurfworth View Post
    I tell you what, give the car to me, as you clearly don't deserve to own an S3 if you want to drive it like miss daisy.
    Time and a place mate.
    S3Alex and batch like this.
    Black 2007 2.0 FSI Sport

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    hes just upset the RS got in front

3rd Gear

Status

I've heard good things about the RS handling really well for a FWD car. Styling is a bit crazy but if I could have afforded one when I was 20 then I'm sure I would have loved it. S3 is not as in your face - however I do get annoyed when people refer to my car as an A3
    RedDejavu likes this.
    S3 Sportback

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow R90 STL On Twitter Add R90 STL on Facebook Visit R90 STL's Instagram Channel
    I thought the obvious decision would be to floor it? That could just be down to immaturity or my competitive instinct or the fact that I don't own an S3 but that seemed like a nice scenario..

Drive safe, stay alive.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked666 View Post
    I've heard good things about the RS handling really well for a FWD car. Styling is a bit crazy but if I could have afforded one when I was 20 then I'm sure I would have loved it. S3 is not as in your face - however I do get annoyed when people refer to my car as an A3
    Heard the RS comes with a quaife differential that
    s3alex
    might know a little bit about :D

edit: nvm tried tagging and failed lol
    Current: 8P3 '59 2.0 TFSI 3DR S-Line | Adaptive Bixenons with DLR's | Folding electric mirrors | Heated half leathers |
    Previous : '06 2.0 TDi Sportback in Dolphin Grey| SE | DSG | Satnav | Privacy glass | auto lights | comfort pack |

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    mine is debadged, so people tell me "hey nice s-line you got there"
    RedDejavu and sliced like this.
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

Rarely neutral

Status
    Time and a place mate.
    Absolutely.....and not on a road with 2 lanes converging,as that's always going to end badly.

I know the styling is a bit WRC car gone mad,but the handling is actually very good indeed,and no doubt the front suspension and the Quaife diff help to make the most of the power.

A torque sensing diff is very good at putting power down on a bumpy or uneven road,but can feel quite snappy if you aren't used to it.

4th Gear

Status
    The interiors are bogging lol

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieWebs View Post
    The interiors are bogging lol
    Goes with the territory.

It's all trying a bit too hard to look like a rally car....a little less would be much better.

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Goes with the territory.

It's all trying a bit too hard to look like a rally car....a little less would be much better.
    Anything less and it would start to look similar to the ST.....and why would any car manufacturer want to make a top of the range performance car look exactly the same as the rest of the models available?
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

4th Gear

Status
    I prefered the older ones for looks, not so much in ur face.
    That's the beauty of Audi tho, subtle but hiding something great under the bonnet

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kwistof View Post
    Anything less and it would start to look similar to the ST.....and why would any car manufacturer want to make a top of the range performance car look exactly the same as the rest of the models available?
    I know....but the whole look is just not quite what it's trying to be.

Huge chin,huge exhausts for that 2.5,etc etc.

I think it's a really good car in many ways,but not for me......I had a Ford that actually was a rally car,and that cured me of real rally cars....LOL.

Status

My Social Networking

I know....but the whole look is just not quite what it's trying to be.

Huge chin,huge exhausts for that 2.5,etc etc.

I think it's a really good car in many ways,but not for me......I had a Ford that actually was a rally car,and that cured me of real rally cars....LOL.

I suppose it's all about what your looking for in a car - a lot of people like the 'look at me' status in performance cars.

Yeah, agreed that out of the box with the 300 odd bhp they do look OTT....however stage 2 isn't difficult to reach- the engine internals can cope....so 400bhp is achievable with not a huge amount of outlay to reach it.

Yeah no wonder it doesn't float your boat if you actually had a Ford Rally car! lol Escort Mk1 Rs2000 at a wild guess?
    2000 S3 APY

Rarely neutral

Status

It's a Group N Escort Cosworth.

ALS,water injection,torque sensing diffs etc etc

Fastest point to point road car I have ever had.

Status

My Social Networking

It's a Group N Escort Cosworth.

ALS,water injection,torque sensing diffs etc etc

Fastest point to point road car I have ever had.
    Ohhhhhh, I totally understand your comment now re : "but the whole look is just not quite what it's trying to be"

Now a cossy is real Ford IMO (none of this borrowing engines from Volvo)
    2000 S3 APY

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kwistof View Post
    Ohhhhhh, I totally understand your comment now re : "but the whole look is just not quite what it's trying to be"

Now a cossy is real Ford IMO (none of this borrowing engines from Volvo)
    It was a real bar steward as well to drive.

Shockingly quick and quite scary with the amount of grip it could generate.

Status

My Social Networking

It was a real bar steward as well to drive.

Shockingly quick and quite scary with the amount of grip it could generate.
    Not to get off topic too much but what sort of power was that putting out?
    Black 2007 2.0 FSI Sport

6th Gear

Status
    My good friends Mk2 Focus RS, 500bhp through the front wheels.

An old pic as it's received additional work since I took this.

Loving the Escort Cossie, looking at the mirror shape I would say it's based on the early bigger turbo, Webber Marelli managed car :-)
    S3Alex, R90 STL and Revo Steve-W like this.

Life begins at 140mph
    Sell my Audi??? Kiss my rings!
    www.passionford.com

Reverse Gear

Status
    [QUOTE=smurfworth;1951908]I tell you what, give the car to me, as you clearly don't deserve to own an S3 if you want to drive it like miss daisy.[/QUOTE

There is a time and a place to speed, but not when it's clearly not safe to do so. What's with all the judgmental comments on here, I wasn't driving like a loony he was!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bez101 View Post
    hes just upset the RS got in front

Yeah right, I was actually ahead of the rs first, but because I had no intention to speed like a lunatic down a 30mph road, and I wasn't racing the guy I didn't over speed, but if I wanted to floor him I could have done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast