Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 59 of 59
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Idiot dangerous Ford Focus RS driver

  1. #41
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,321
    Quote Originally Posted by Oranoco View Post
    My good friends Mk2 Focus RS, 500bhp through the front wheels.



    An old pic as it's received additional work since I took this.

    Loving the Escort Cossie, looking at the mirror shape I would say it's based on the early bigger turbo, Webber Marelli managed car :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by leeds2592 View Post
    Not to get off topic too much but what sort of power was that putting out?
    Just to get this totally OT...LOL...

    It was a motorsport shell,full welded in cage,GHR built engine with ALS T35 turbo,straight cut box,water injection,and whole lot more,on a Pectel ECU.

    1300kg and around 380bhp with a short geared box meant a 0-60 of around 3s on any surface.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #42
    Oranoco's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    HertFORDshire
    Posts
    3,078
    Built up from a bare shell, nice work ALS means a maram 247 shaft in the turbo 380bhp is relatively conservative for a Cossie but a nice balance between absolute power/usable power/drivability.
    S3Alex likes this.

    Life begins at 140mph
    Sell my Audi??? Kiss my rings!
    www.passionford.com

  4. #43
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,321
    Quote Originally Posted by Oranoco View Post
    Built up from a bare shell, nice work ALS means a maram 247 shaft in the turbo 380bhp is relatively conservative for a Cossie but a nice balance between absolute power/usable power/drivability.
    The reason for that was the car was built for GpN rallying,and originally ran a 28mm restrictor which I had removed when I bought it,and also changed the cams from the fairly wild rally items in the car to something more road friendly.

    The whole lot meant a bag load of torque,without it being excessively biassed to top end power,which wasn't really useful with a top speed of around 120mph!

  5. #44
    bez101's Avatar
    Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,433
    Quote Originally Posted by audiboyuk View Post
    Yeah right, I was actually ahead of the rs first, but because I had no intention to speed like a lunatic down a 30mph road, and I wasn't racing the guy I didn't over speed, but if I wanted to floor him I could have done.
    I wasn't trying to race this car but I did put the accelerator down and ended up in front first


    now now calm down it happens

    plus how can you be so sure as in your words

    but if I wanted to floor him I could have done.
    NHN and S. like this.

  6. #45
    Oranoco's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    HertFORDshire
    Posts
    3,078
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    The reason for that was the car was built for GpN rallying,and originally ran a 28mm restrictor which I had removed when I bought it,and also changed the cams from the fairly wild rally items in the car to something more road friendly.

    The whole lot meant a bag load of torque,without it being excessively biassed to top end power,which wasn't really useful with a top speed of around 120mph!
    Sounds perfect mate, too many people get caught up chasing numbers rather than building something that has less total bang but all the bang being usable.

    Always thought it was a 34mm restrictor?

    Life begins at 140mph
    Sell my Audi??? Kiss my rings!
    www.passionford.com

  7. #46
    MBK
    MBK's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Neath
    Posts
    1,155
    audiboyuk, it sounds to me like you are ready to try a track day or 2 to find out just how capable your S3 really is. The track is a lot more fun than the road, all the action is legal and a lot safer as the traffic is going the same way. If you meet a Focus RS (not the 500bhp beast above though maybe!) on a damp or wet track day you should be very pleased with the result.

    On road well no matter what you drive you'll often encounter somebody willing to take a silly risk.

  8. #47
    bez101's Avatar
    Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Oranoco View Post
    My good friends Mk2 Focus RS, 500bhp through the front wheels.



    An old pic as it's received additional work since I took this.

    Loving the Escort Cossie, looking at the mirror shape I would say it's based on the early bigger turbo, Webber Marelli managed car :-)
    aint that the RS500 ?

  9. #48
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,321
    Quote Originally Posted by Oranoco View Post
    Sounds perfect mate, too many people get caught up chasing numbers rather than building something that has less total bang but all the bang being usable.

    Always thought it was a 34mm restrictor?
    It's a 32mm restrictor in the current regs,and as far as I can remember back in 1998 when I bought this thing it was running a 28mm restrictor.

    I could of course be completely wrong on that as the 1992,1995 and 1998 regs were changed each time!

    EDIT...it was my mistake.....32mm,and not 28mm.

    Whatever the size,the original owner had screwed the wastegate actuator down to give him 3 bar.

  10. #49
    Oranoco's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    HertFORDshire
    Posts
    3,078
    Quote Originally Posted by bez101 View Post
    aint that the RS500 ?
    Nope it's a plain one that was white but he had wrapped. It's his company demonstrator so he needs it to stand out a bit.

    Life begins at 140mph
    Sell my Audi??? Kiss my rings!
    www.passionford.com

  11. #50
    Oranoco's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    HertFORDshire
    Posts
    3,078
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    It's a 32mm restrictor in the current regs,and as far as I can remember back in 1998 when I bought this thing it was running a 28mm restrictor.

    I could of course be completely wrong on that as the 1992,1995 and 1998 regs were changed each time!

    EDIT...it was my mistake.....32mm,and not 28mm.

    Whatever the size,the original owner had screwed the wastegate actuator down to give him 3 bar.
    Wasn't nit picking mate, just trying to kick my old grey matter back into life. lol

    Life begins at 140mph
    Sell my Audi??? Kiss my rings!
    www.passionford.com

  12. #51
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    West Country
    Posts
    172
    As mentioned before in the thread,
    De badge the car, Mine only says S3 inside and on the calipers now.
    A3 grille, debadged rear.
    2009 S3 3 door. Phantom Black metallic.
    RNS-E, Tints, Piano Black inlays, Auto Lights and Wipers, Bluetooth, MFBSW,
    White Alcantara, LED numberplate lights, Black Optic Grille, Yellow Foglamps,
    K&N panelfilter, Colourmatched mirrors, S3 footplate,
    More to come....

  13. #52
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,321
    Quote Originally Posted by Oranoco View Post
    Wasn't nit picking mate, just trying to kick my old grey matter back into life. lol
    Trust me.....mine too.

    I knew it had a restrictor,but I have a feeling when we removed it,it may have been transplanted between my ears.

  14. #53
    ramp1990's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    81
    500bhp front wheels????
    my 1.9cdti tuned astra was bad enough
    under stear, tyre stripper etc etc
    Dean_T likes this.

  15. #54
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    236
    "I wasn't trying to race this car but I did put the accelerator down and ended up in front"

    that is ALL it takes from you for an idiot driver to be encouraged

    My car is a tdi 140 and unmodified performance-wise, it has a bodykit and spoiler and looks clearly more sporty than it is, I get idiots pulling alongside all the time shining me on, I don't respond, they take their idiocy elsewhere

    I get home in one piece every night

  16. #55
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by audiboyuk View Post
    Yeah right, I was actually ahead of the rs first, but because I had no intention to speed like a lunatic down a 30mph road, and I wasn't racing the guy I didn't over speed, but if I wanted to floor him I could have done.
    You do realise that he would beat you or it would be very close if you both floored it? The s3 only has a faster 0-60 time (only by about 0.4 sec!) because it has the Haldex system so can launch of the mark much quicker, from a rolling start and both cars stock I'm sure the focus would have the edge, they weigh a similar amount however the focus has around 70lbs torque advantage (and around 40bhp)

    To be clear, if the focus can almost match the s3 on 0-60 sprint with fwd then you can be sure it's because it's making time up after the car is moving
    Audi S3 : revo stage 2+

  17. #56
    Oranoco's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    HertFORDshire
    Posts
    3,078
    Quote Originally Posted by ramp1990 View Post
    500bhp front wheels????
    my 1.9cdti tuned astra was bad enough
    under stear, tyre stripper etc etc
    To be fair the Astra chassis is at best very poor. The Focus was/is the class leader and the RS gets a clever diff and Revo-knuckle. I was very surprised at just how usable and tractable it was.

    Another friend has a Fiesta RS Turbo with 380bhp @ the wheels on low boost. It's silly silly quick but full throttle in 4th lights both front tyres.

    Life begins at 140mph
    Sell my Audi??? Kiss my rings!
    www.passionford.com

  18. #57
    RobbieWebs's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    721
    The focus rs is 2.5 ..,.
    Really for the money it commands and the spec it should be faster ...
    S3 all the way for looks and power
    Audi A4 BE 2.0 TDI 177 Quattro

  19. #58
    MBK
    MBK's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Neath
    Posts
    1,155
    Back on the crazy driving theme, Nick Trott tells a similar story about a Mk1 TT Roadster making a 120mph pass on him dawdling along in his McLaren 12C - jumping for joy at the overtake while nearly wiping out 2 cyclists! So all sorts of cars get involved in this sort of thing.

  20. #59
    XFi
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by Oranoco View Post
    To be fair the Astra chassis is at best very poor. The Focus was/is the class leader and the RS gets a clever diff and Revo-knuckle. I was very surprised at just how usable and tractable it was.

    Another friend has a Fiesta RS Turbo with 380bhp @ the wheels on low boost. It's silly silly quick but full throttle in 4th lights both front tyres.
    I was on track with this recently (500 Focus RS), certainly sounds amazing but for the amount of power it has it handled it very well it seemed.

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Ford Focus RS - S3 rival???
    By MacrosTheBlack in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 168
    Last Post: 21st July 2008, 17:40
  2. Ford Focus 2007
    By arthurfuxake in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 14th February 2008, 18:34
  3. Cheap Ford Focus
    By Rev-head in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 7th January 2007, 08:02
  4. Ford Focus RS
    By Jonc in forum Other Brands & Models
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20th September 2004, 16:41

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO