S3 oil change

Smiffi

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm planning on a oil change this weekend as its been about 5k since its first service and I've had it remapped since. I've got a few long drives to Aberdeen to do so thought this would be a good time to do it.

Anyway, I don't suppose anyone has the part numbers for the oil filter, sump plug and crush seal to hand so I can go to the stealers tomorrow?

Am I correct in thinking I need about 4.5 L for an oil change?

Also, once the car is raised and the oil is draining, do you guys lower the car so its level to drain all the oil or isn't that needed? Just something I was told to do on my E46 M3.

I've not managed to find a DIY on this forum but have on a mkV Gti forum so I'm guessing spanner sizing and procedures are the same.

Thanks in advance..

I imagine you don't need this now but though i'd reply anyway. The sump plug being at the rear doesn't matter about lowering the car you'll get 99% of the oil out anyway, 4.5l is correct. Audi say to replace the whole sump plug theres no crush or rubber washer on the sump plug.

Ideally you want the drain tool for the oil filter housing (they aren't expensive) or you'll end up making a mess changing the filter cartridge.