A3 2.0 tdi blown turbo help!!!

r-y-e

Reaction score
Can any1 help been looking at reconditioned turbos but also seen new cartridges for a fraction of the full unit price ...whats should i do??

Get it looked at to see whats actually gone? if the housing has cracked youll need a new turbo if its something inside then it could be reconed.

Took the turbo off this morning The impeller wheel snapped and smashed the cartridge in two but seen the full cartridges on ebay cheep was wondering if anyone elce had tried ebay spesh turbos lol?

In this case I'd probably use the rule you buy cheap you buy twice, be better to send it for recon but entirely up to you.

BKD turbo ? There like chocolate bars melt after few miles lol

make sure you clean every hose thoroughly and intercooler

And dont buy ebay turbo it most probably wont last

Not kidding! Haha going to get it de-maped when turbo.....3 gets fitted :(

Isnt it time you upgraded to hybrid then

i made a thread similar a while ago and i ended up ringing around about ten different turbo companys. Midlands Turbos wasnt the cheapest i found however, the feedback from people on the forums that have used them is enough to make you want to pay that little bit extra. I think the difference from them to the cheapest was only around £50-£70.
They seem like a reliable company and comes with 1-2 years guarantee, i will be purchasing my reconned turbo from there soon. i believe it was around £370 which included vat and delivery but they also do a thing for around £150 where they pick up your turbo and fix it if possible?

Wouldn't touch them cheap ebay parts! a friend of mine did it and the quality was awful, it went on him again within a few months of fixing.

I have a brand new bkd turbo for sale boxed, PM for info.