A3 3.2 sportback 200 cell cats from factory

Mattyj6969

Reaction score
Hi there, first time posting but just have a query. I have a 3.2 v6 sportback 2005 and I'm just in MIJ Exhausts having a custom one built, I was going for a full system with hi flow cats, they have just looked under the car and found it has 200 cell cats as standard anyway and was told this was an option back when the car was new anyone heard of this?

if they are 200 cell already am I right in thinking there isn't any point replacing them with new stainless steel 200 cell at a performance point of view?

cheers

Matt

Hi,

I've got an 04 3.2 with dodgy cats. Currently looking into custom systems. Did you get new cats from MIJ in the end and are you pleased with results?

Cheers

Hi,

I didn't go for the cats in the end but they quoted me 360 quid for the two cats downpipes and flexi's which I thought was a great deal but as they said I already had 200 cell cats I just left it, the exhaust is good but too loud for me so going back to have a back box installed as they have just fitted the middle box and used mandrel bends to the tail pipes. Can't complain about the price or the service

cheers

If the cats are standard then the ecu also had to be factory altered to cope with them. I've got scorpion 200 cell cats and the emission light comes on every few hundred miles (will get them mapped out but seems revo dealers are a pain to get the car booked in to)

If the cats are standard then the ecu also had to be factory altered to cope with them. I've got scorpion 200 cell cats and the emission light comes on every few hundred miles (will get them mapped out but seems revo dealers are a pain to get the car booked in to)

The Revo summer sale is finishing this week, so has been totally manic throughout the dealer network. however we are honoring the sale price for any software paid in advance of tomorrow (sale end date).

Which dealer are you trying to get into and where are you located, I can see what I can do to help.

Trying for dialynx or Badger5, preferably dialynx as they're closer but they were too busy to fit me in before the start of Sept so I assumed the discount couldn't be given. Currently have the stage 1 but need the stage 2 now and a dsg map at the same time. Any help would be appreciated.