Regarding DIS

Hurstie

Reaction score
Am I right in thinking that there are two separate sets of statistics? One that resets automatically and one that's manual?
Mine has a little '1' at the top right in the bottom third. And it likes to reset at apparently random times, eg sometimes I switch my engine off, when I come back to the car it hasn't reset and sometimes it has.

I want to see how many MPG I'm doing to a tank not on one trip!

Probably could've written this question in a lot less words, so sorry!

Thanks.

you want to go on to the second screen by pressing the reset button under it just tap it and reset you miles and average mpg by holding down the rest button . this give you you average since you last reset it you self or battery has gone flat

then when you tank empty you can see how many miles and average mpg you have done although its more accurate to calculate how much fuel you have put in and how many miles you have got out of it.

Thanks, so I get to the second screen just by tapping the reset button? Will try that later.

yeah press the rest button also can take you to another menu for oil temp speed alarm warning

It might have not be en-abled tbh mine wasn't i needed some coding via vag com/vcds

What might not be enabled? The speed etc?

Only one way to find out I suppose. I'll try when I get home from work.

I'm sure when I test drove my car the little number on the DIS said '4'. Is it possible to have 4 screens?

Last edited:
Yeah another menu when you press reset.Mine only as 2 computers first one (number 1) is for that days driving and iirc resets after a few hours number 2 is a total counter that adds each days to the previous.

'Trip 1' resets after about 2hrs after switching the ign off.
'Trip 2' does not reset unless the driver resets it.
Use rocker button, on end of wiper stalk, to scroll through options.
Press and hold reset button to reset selected 'Trip'.
Click Reset button, under side of wiper stalk, to change advance through other menus.
Reset button is also used as a select button in some menus.

The most accurate way to track your MPG is to work it out manually; or use a website or app such as Fuelly

Thanks, got it all now.
In my old car I used to just fill to the top, use it up then fill to the top again, recording how much fuel I put in. Then calculate miles done with fuel used.
It's nice to just have a rough idea of how I'm getting on half way through the tank though.

My record is 58.4mpg in my 1.0 corsa.