Advice wanted

Dave_G

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I'm new here and new to Audi too, bought a 2006 Sportback SLine 2.0T FSI about a month ago.
I love the car but it's developed a problem.
I started getting fuel cuts and the engine light coming on.
Changed the diverter valve as the old one had split which helped a bit but fault remained, Code P1063
Now I've found the fuel pump cam follower has gone, looks like it has taken the cam with it and I will probably change the pump too to be on the safe side.

Now I know the garage I bought it from is legally liable, but it is just a small business and its about 150 miles away from me.
I've spoken to him and he said price the parts up and he will sort something out with me.

Any advice on where to get the parts? Are TPS still selling to the public?
My friend has his own garage but has just gone on holiday for 2 weeks, so timing isn't exactly great.
Car has just done 72k and has been serviced every 5-6k miles if that makes any difference

I thought the follower was nearer £20 from Audi than the £37 of that one?
I need more than the follower though, need a new camshaft and fuel pump. Not bothered about going stage2+ etc, this is probably going to cost me enough anyway without adding extra costs that aren't needed.
Anyone used the Stockton branch of TPS recently? Are they still selling to the public?

some TPS still sell to the public
but if your mates got a garage use the garage name to buy from them if they wont sell to you

how bad is the shaft ?
any pics of it and the HPFP ?

I'll give TPS a ring today and see what they say. Only pics so far are with the vacuum pump removed and viewing from that end but there is no follower visible, only the sping and piston of the pump pushing on the camshaft directly!
Do I have to host pics elsewhere on this forum?