+12 and - can I get this from the Quadlock block?

DaveyClark

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I have just put a Dension Gateway Pro & DAB Unit in the car but noticed the DAB aerial needs a +12v and a - connector (only very small wires) but I have no idea where to splice them into, could I scotch lock it into one of the existing wires going into the Quadlock? If so, any idea which one to use?

What's the current load of the units?

Check the current for both & report back.

Well start by reading the manuals.

Sorry mate, nothing in the manuals either, this is Dension remember... A one page sheet is about as much as you get with their kit! :)

I have decided to give it a go myself, but do it the 'proper' way, I am going to buy some 7amp cable from Halfords for the earth and live, and just run the wires to the fusebox, so my next question is this...

1) Does anyone happen to know any guaranteed spare areas I can plug a +12v fuse in the fusebox.
2) As above but for Earth connection.

3) Anything I can buy which already has a fusebox connector on the end so that I can just attach the wire to that and plug it into the fusebox rather than soldering on a spade connector or something.

Once again, if these are silly questions I apologise, but im fed up of the local car audio installers telling me "yeah it's an easy job, but we can't do it until x days" as if it's easy i'll just do it myself ( I have done lots of stuff like this in the past with Golfs/Leon's etc)

Fuses 1-11 are ignition switches, so any spare slots can be used & you can pick up ground on the drivers footwell on the right hidden behind the trim that pulls up & off, then get a repair wire with a 0.5-1mm wire diameter for the fusebox, cant recall which part number of the top of my head atm, if I get a chance I'll check it later.

Always best to use a new point for additional systems, as you don't know the load rating of the gear you want to use & adding this to an existing circuit may crash this & other systems when it overloads.