• 3 Post By The Governor
  • 1 Post By jaydav2306
  • 1 Post By whitex8p
  • 1 Post By whitex8p

Thread: Problem with Audi

1st Gear

Status

Problem with Audi

When i bought my s3 a couple of months ago i got it home and it sounded really loud on idle, I made a post on here and a few people said was normal to be like that. My mate came over to see my car about a month ago and said it sounded really loud compared to his when he had it. I just spoke to leicester audi on the phone and they said its so loud because it has been starved of oil at some point and they do not think it will be covered under warranty as it was not a defect. I am worried now that the audi where i bought from will say it was fine when it was sold to me. I am really annoyed because i knew it never sounded right. I am waiting for leicester to do some more investigation work not really sure what to do i don't want to lose out on the money i have spent

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    How long have you had the car and do you have dealer warranty left on it?
    2009/2010 | Audi S3 Black Edition Ibis White | Black Optics Pack | Fully Loaded | S-Tronic

1st Gear

Status
    Had the car since the 5th of july so nearly 2 months and i got a years audi warranty with the car

1st Gear

Status
    Well my advice to you my friend is take the car back where you bought it from, no way you could have starved it of oil in two months so its the dealers issue, If it was me I'd be taking it back and wanting a fix or a refund! By law you have 6 months and you should be able to prove that it isnt something you have caused
    2009/2010 | Audi S3 Black Edition Ibis White | Black Optics Pack | Fully Loaded | S-Tronic

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydav2306 View Post
    Well my advice to you my friend is take the car back where you bought it from, no way you could have starved it of oil in two months so its the dealers issue, If it was me I'd be taking it back and wanting a fix or a refund! By law you have 6 months and you should be able to prove that it isnt something you have caused
    but its 2 month down the line.
    it should have been took back asap or not even drove away if it was loud
    you can starve a car of oil prety quick i just think after 2 month its going to be hard to prove it was like it on the day of pick up.
    but yes you should take it to the place you bought it from not somewhere else.

1st Gear

Status
    A little phone call to Audi UK wouldnt go a miss either

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bez101 View Post
    you can starve a car of oil prety quick i just think after 2 month its going to be hard to prove it was like it on the day of pick up.
    I am no expert on engines or had a s3 before so i did not know.. I have only had the car 6 weeks and leicester audi reckon it was most likely like this when it was sold to me. Surely you cant starve a car that quick it was serviced when i bought it.

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    who did you buy the car from ?

have you called them at all or been back to tell them about the problem ?

1st Gear

Status
    audi peterbrough

1st Gear

Status
    just waiting for them to call me back and sort something out

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bez101 View Post
    It doesn't matter, under the Sale of Goods Act any fault that becomes apparent within the first 6 months is deemed by law to have been there at the point fo sale, the onus is on the dealer to prove it wasn't, not the buyer to prove it was.
    S3Alex, Ads and whitex8p like this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by The Governor View Post
    It doesn't matter, under the Sale of Goods Act any fault that becomes apparent within the first 6 months is deemed by law to have been there at the point fo sale, the onus is on the dealer to prove it wasn't, not the buyer to prove it was.
    Yep exactly and thats why Audi offer 12 months warranty, they should have known there was a problem with the car though, totally their responsibility, how anyone can say you arent covered by warranty I dont know
    whitex8p likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Yep exactly and thats why Audi offer 12 months warranty, they should have known there was a problem with the car though, totally their responsibility, how anyone can say you arent covered by warranty I dont know
    My experience running several cars under warranty since 2003 is that saying it isn't covered seems to be a default response by car, almost like they're just seeing if you'll push or are trying to filter out work dealers.

To the OP, even if there was no warranty, the SoGA still applies, they still have to fix it, if they won't you could be entitled to a refund or potentially they become liable for the repair cost.

1st Gear

Status
    Just waiting on both dealerships to decide who is going to sort it out. They said they don't know for sure what the actual problem is and the car needs 5 hours of engine stripping to find out whats actually wrong

2nd Gear

Status
    Tell them to fill their boots, again it isn't your issue to worry about

I'd also expect that they would need to give you alternate transport as it's a SoGA issue, but check that out...

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks for the advice mate. Yeah they said they would sort me another car out as the one i am in will need to go back.

Neutral

Status
    How loud is the tapping? Got a video? Mine is tappety on idle but have been told that's just the noise they make. And when they starved of oil is that like the low oil warning coming on? Or past that point?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtaylor View Post
    How loud is the tapping? Got a video? Mine is tappety on idle but have been told that's just the noise they make. And when they starved of oil is that like the low oil warning coming on? Or past that point?
    Be good if you could post something up, worst case scenario they will have to get you a brand new engine, keep complaining and keep going back until you are happy, it's good that you got it from an Audi dealership you'd have a fight on your hands if this was elsewhere

1st Gear

Status
    These engines are tappity because they have the same injection system as the Diesel engine, I've seen a video somewhere but can't remember where of a set up of the engine so you can see the injectors working

1st Gear

Status
    Be good if you could post something up, worst case scenario they will have to get you a brand new engine, keep complaining and keep going back until you are happy, it's good that you got it from an Audi dealership you'd have a fight on your hands if this was elsewhere
    My cars being recovered to where i bought it from and they are going to investigate further,i will not accept the car back until its been fixed.
    Jtaylor likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtaylor View Post
    I don't have no video as they have my car, my friend had a s3 and said mine was a lot louder than his.

1st Gear

Status
    It turned out to be the cam chain tensioner that was causing the engine to sound so loud. Its all sorted now thanks to peterbrough audi and the engine sounds sweet for once
    Artimus likes this.

Short Back

Status
    has to be one of the quickest case resolutions I've seen. Props to whoever fixed it?
    2009 A3 SB 2.0T DSG S line
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''