What size brake discs? 2.0TDi 170

Lee540

Reaction score
Hi all,

Have a 2009 Audi A3 2.0 TDi CR170 S-Line. I need to buy new front discs and pads, but using ECP or local motor factors they keep asking me what diameter disc as they stock 4 different sizes!

Options are:

- 280mm
- 288mm
- 312mm
- 345mm

Any help please? I haven't really got time to remove disc to measure it.

Thanks

Lee

Check with tps or audi to be 100% sure Lee as sometimes there are mistakes, for sure its not 345 as this is for S3 & 3.2's, slines are usually 312 yes but so you don't end up with wrong parts, double check.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately Audi won't tell me. They are happy to book the car in to have discs replaced and they have discs in stock but they won't tell me what size they are, so helpful!

TBH its understandable & isn't necessarily directed at yourself, just in general, but if people wont use there services then they cant expect them to spend time for free on something without there time being paid for by a service they provide, dealers are talking this stance because people keep taking the **** all the time, I completely understand as I constantly have to deal with people expecting me to spend hours of my free time via PM's explaining the intricacies of work I get paid to do, I don't mind helping via the forum, but I think its fair to say people cant expect everything there own way all the time & for nothing.

Yep, I got no problems with it to be honest. I found out the answer in the end and have ordered a set of Pagid discs and pads.. I was happy with them when fitted to my BMW, so no reason not to fit them to the Audi as well.

Cheers

Reactions: NHN