Coilpack Gone Again on 2.0T

DaveS3Turbo

Sepang Blue S3
Reaction score
Car wouldn't start again on Sat Morning.

Was the same symptoms as last time. Called Audi Assist Up, THESE guys are awesome.

He's ordered 4 x Coilpacks and 4 x New Spark Plugs and will be back up tomoz.

Temporary he's fitted a 2.0 FSI coilpack to keep it going. But he's replaceing all 4.

IT had also blown the ECU Fuse and there is a bubble on one of the packs. Seems like it has gotten water into coilpack 1.

Dave

Oh no not this again please /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Had all four go (and then one of the replacements as well) on my old car. A right PITA.

Yet another advantage for owning a TDI - no coil packs!

One of the coilpacks went on my new Altea 2.0 FSi 10 minutes after I drove it of the forecourt. 900 miles later (last Thursday) the same symptoms occured, misfire, down on power, running really rough. Back into the garage this morning they diagnosed misfire on cylinder 4. Removed and cleaned coils and plugs and refitted, this time "applying silicone gel to seal coils to cam cover". They said that they haven't had any problems with coils on the new engines but I don't think they would have siliconed the coils without some sort of guidance from SEAT UK. I could be wrong though. Anyway, it's running fine again now.

[ QUOTE ]
Yet another advantage for owning a TDI - no coil packs!

[/ QUOTE ]

Famous last words? I hope note. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shutup.gif

I don't know, he said they had a few probs on the 2.0 FSI, but the coilpacks for the turbo are different i.e can stand more.

It seems like water has got into 1 coilpack but the rest were silver and one dry.

He's replacing all 4 and sparkplugs to be sure though and to set a benchmark if it goes wrong again.

I honestly can't believe how good Audi Assist are.

Dave

[ QUOTE ]
Audi assist being the RAC?

[/ QUOTE ]

I normally see Audi assist driving an Audi ALL-ROAD around here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

No, Audi Assist are blokes in All-Roads. They only work until 6pm 7 days. They are /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif-hot and know Audis inside out. My indicators packed up on me on the old car and the bloke was in Derby and I was in Leicester. In a Pulp Fiction style phone call he rang me and said "Its a 35 minute drive, I'll be there in 20". And he was.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Audi Assist is run by the RAC but using Audi Dedicated Technicians and Audi Allroad vehicles. I've only had to call on them once, for coilpacks on my previous A3 1.8T Sport and the guy was very good.

If you live in the Midlands you may know that Audi & RAC share the same building at the M5/M6 interchange, Walsall.

My mate works there and he spends a fair bit of time reading this forum - part of his job apparently.

Watch what you say about them - you might (probably) need them one day...!!

Audi Customer Services are based in Walsall so, if it is the same organisation, it's nice to know that they are reading this forum.

[ QUOTE ]
Watch what you say about them - you might (probably) need them one day...!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I will, the Walsall crew are about as useful as the proverbial Chocolate Teapot and the Ashtray on a motorcycle. Customer Service isn't even remotely understood.

Audi Road assist 10/10
Audi Customer Services 0/10

Should be perfectly clear now,,,,,,

If you call Audi assist out of office hours, you get a regular RAC man, who will spray WD40 around the engine bay and tell you to call the dealers in the morning....