Audi A3 Trip Computer/Wiper Stalk Upgrade

jphc

RS6 Dreamin'
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Very new to all this, so please tell me if i break any rules.

I became an Audi owner last week, i managed to get my hands on a 2008 Audi A3 2.0TDI DSG Sportback and i am completely in love. I was a Land Rover Owner previously so this car is the height of luxury for me.

However, it does not have any type of trip computer. It is pretty necessary fro me to have this and i just assumed a fully loaded Audi would have it! My dash screen (Pictured) never has any information in the lower box and only every displays what is on the dash currently.
I have done a bit of light Google-ing and found that some people have installed the wiper stalk with the buttons and that does the trick as long as its coded with VAGcom and wired in properly.
Can anyone confirm this? I have found the stalk on the web for about £10-£15 and would love to have it fitted.

Is there anyone in the Kent area who would be willing to do this for me (Willing to travel and pay)

Many thanks,

Jordan
PhotoPhoto 2Photo 1

Hi m8 off the top of my head I would pm NHN to ask as I'm sure he would have done this.
I think Dannykn9 is in ur area as well give him a pm also.
Only thing I can add is give the search button a go as well :)
If searching by google try adding audi sport net at the end to get multiple results on here ;)

Reactions: Dannykn9
Really helpful. Thanks mate!