HID kit with no wiper motor blowing

slizza786

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Was thinking about getting some HID conversion kit for the A3 when I read around and saw alot of people have had their wiper motor blown by installing aftermarket kits. Reputable companies like HID4U do have kits but they're going for £150+.

So I did some searching and found another kit which as they claim garauntees not to blow your wiper motor for only £65
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=281100938598

I would have bought these but I have already bought halogen bulbs with similar HID effects so just wanted to share this for those who maybe interested.

yes they claim ?
but whats the gaurntee if there claim turns out to be false ?

HID4U do work tho i know this as fitted 3 sets upto now

Your right on that. This is the only company that actually claims not to blow your wiper motor and iv seen no other company make that claim. So ultimately it's based on their word of trust. In the description they also claim they have tested it on multiple audis and no problem. Have u only used kits from HID4U?

yes cause i know if anything goes wrong they will sort it

im looking at converting to hid at the end of the month... seen kits on ebay for around £50. but want something that will not break the hell out of my car haha. so is hid4u the way to go???

The aftermarket ones on ebay for around £20-50 will ruin ur cars windscreen motor. The one I put a link is what the company says garauntees not to break ur windowscreen motor, I emailed the company to double checked and they also confirmed it. So you can either go for that one or hids4u.

yh thanks, new to this site and to Audi. just starting to make small changes to the cosmetics of my car. the grille is being changed next week aswell but I am going to try make my own if all goes well. without licence plate holder, just honeycomb all the way down with foglight plastics to match. will see how it goes hahaha

So many companies claiming so many things...

But so far the only company that has proven to work for Audi A3 & be 100% safe is Welldonehid.

They also fix your wiper motor if your motor is already broken.

I was doing some research & I couldn't find any other HID kit with more feedback from Audi A3 owners.

In fact they even made few Group Buys in forums from different countries.
Every single person that was involved on the GB confirmed that HID was safe for the wiper motor.

- GB on Audi forum (Spain)
Compra conjunta KITS XENON WELLDONE - Compras Conjuntas - Audisport Iberica

- GB on VWVortex forum (USA)
VWVortex.com - Group Buy on Well Done HID kit

If someone is interested or have any doubt about it, we are making a Group Buy on Audi-Sport.
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...***-groupbuy-welldone-hid-audi-a3-8p-***.html

The only guaranteed and LEGAL away of fitting hid's and to avoid any wiper motor issues is to fit the OEM xenon kit, hid conversion kits in reflector lens gets on my a55 and anyone I see gets a blast of full beam until they pass.

Reactions: davc
The only guaranteed and LEGAL away of fitting hid's and to avoid any wiper motor issues is to fit the OEM xenon kit, hid conversion kits in reflector lens gets on my a55 and anyone I see gets a blast of full beam until they pass.

First of all nobody is talking about HID on projector, reflector, legal or illegal headlight,

Someone can buy a D1S, D2S or D3S HID kit and install that HID on the Xenon or Bixenon OEM Headlight from Audi, Valeo or even Depo headlights.

We all know already what is legal or not, no need to repeat again & again.
If someone wants to install HID on a halogen reflector headlights there is no much we can do about it.

Second of all, It is highly recommended to use projector headlights for HID, but far from a requirement.

Renault Laguna 2, Honda Civic and many more cars use OEM HID lights with reflector headlights.
(Some reflector headlights give better light cut off than others & some are even legal for HID lights)

Actually if you take 2 minutes of your time to check the Group Buy on Audi-Sport you will see that:
- They offer OEM HID kits
- Offer OEM headlights
- We recommend to use it on projector headlights.

So I can not see where is the problem with that.

hid conversion kits in reflector lens gets on my a55 and anyone I see gets a blast of full beam until they pass.

Which is a great plan, until they blast you with their HID's, High beam and fog lights all at once. Which achieves nothing.. except you both have spots in your eyes.

Ive a set of bixenons for sale would be a much better upgrade :)

hid conversion kits in reflector lens gets on my a55 and anyone I see gets a blast of full beam until they pass.
and as smurf says, great idea! when you blind him and he drives right into the front of you, causing 2 possible people in hospital or the morgue.

I was out tonight and passed 5 cars with illegal HID's in the space of a couple of minutes.

If I was a traffic cop I'd be throwing the book at these clowns. Instead of fitting this crap, why don't people just fit better halogen bulbs? I found the Osram Nightbreaker Plus bulbs I had on my mk4 golf to be far superior than the oem hids on the S3.

Which is a great plan, until they blast you with their HID's, High beam and fog lights all at once. Which achieves nothing.. except you both have spots in your eyes.

the full beam hasn't failed me yet, I usually just put them on and hope for the best. I'm actually gonna use my dash cam to show how dazzling they really are and upload some footage next time I pass someone.

And don't get me started on people who drive round with their front fogs on!!!

I was out tonight and passed 5 cars with illegal HID's in the space of a couple of minutes.

If I was a traffic cop I'd be throwing the book at these clowns. Instead of fitting this crap, why don't people just fit better halogen bulbs? I found the Osram Nightbreaker Plus bulbs I had on my mk4 golf to be far superior than the oem hids on the S3.

This. Or maybe go the optician if they find it so hard to see.

Why do HID kits blow the wiper motor?

The 25.000v produce interferences to your car electronics.

Some cars have no problem at all, others have more sensitive electronics.

It can affect more than just wiper motors.

For example in Audi A4 B6 it use to produce ABS / ESP interference
Others have interferences in the dashboard (speedometer, digital clocks, etc)
The AM / FM Radio
etc...