How much is paint correction? (Swirls)

gazzer_s3

Reaction score
Hi all
As title, has anybody got an idea how much it cost to have the swirls removed or anything I can use to make them better? I don't own a machine polisher & the swirls mainly show up on the bonnet. The car is met black S3, not sure if its the phantom black or other ?

Thanks
Gary

autoglym super resin would be awesome for it :D

I have a red s3 and have some swirls so annoying getting mine done next year or buying the machine polished myself and giving it a go, places near me are about 300- 600 to get paint correction done all depends where you take it or how far you want them to take the correction, I would take it to a detailer with a good reputation and see what they recommend all depends what you want to spend I suppose also think they will do a panel and show you exactly what can be done

Get yourself a polisher and give it a go, not as hard as you might think! Some good kits on ebay with a decent machine and meguiars pads and polish that would bring it up a treat.

I've just been on a paint correction training course, in Manchester very good and interesting. Not that hard really just getting us to it and getting your head around the different pads and cutting compounds

For a proper job as in remove the swirls by machine you are looking at about £250 from a professional detailer.

Hi all
As title, has anybody got an idea how much it cost to have the swirls removed or anything I can use to make them better? I don't own a machine polisher & the swirls mainly show up on the bonnet. The car is met black S3, not sure if its the phantom black or other ?

Thanks
Gary

Where abouts are you? I can get them sorted for you by our valeter

Totally depends on what level of correction you are hoping to achieve. Can pay anything from £150 for a days protection detail, up to £700-£800 for the full shebang!

If you don't want to pay too much and don't want to go down the route of buying your own DA, get yourself some Prima Amigo. It's a polymer based glaze so will fill in slight imperfections which can then be sealed in by a decent wax. It's quite hard work doing it by hand but will look 100 times better when it's done.

Not too far, Im at junction 9 of the m25 if you ever up that way let me know and we can arrange to get your car machine polished and swirl marks taken out etc

I use to use some stuff called imperial hand glaze on my black car , the swirls disappeared !!