Sachs standard clutch and flywheel kit---- max torque?

Ergun84

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just a quick question... Does anybody know what the max torque that a standard sachs clutch and flywheel will be able to handle?
After remap and dpf delete my A3 2.0 tdi 170 had around 350 lb of torque and 215 bhp and I think it may have killed the cars existing clutch. So I just bought a standard sachs kit for £450 on ebay and was wondering if it would be worth it to keep the map on the car after they are replaced.

Unfortunately can't afford to go for any sport or uprated kit at the moment.

Thanks.

it can handle up to 400lb max 450lb why don't you call them to find out, they will know.

So a sachs standard clutch + flywheel can handle 400 ft lb ish mines also starting to slip in 2nd to third

btw thats a nice power increase from dpf delete and map

I'm running standard flywheel with a helix clutch am in need of a proper remap soon so what sort of ftlb should i be looking at ?

what can the flywheel take ?

No m8 it wont take 400 ft lb made a few calls this morning and a uprated paddle clutch can take 380 ft lbs so helix tell me.

So a sachs standard clutch + flywheel can handle 400 ft lb ish mines also starting to slip in 2nd to third

btw thats a nice power increase from dpf delete and map

also darkside tell me a standard clutch will be ok at 285 ft lb

No m8 it wont take 400 ft lb made a few calls this morning and a uprated paddle clutch can take 380 ft lbs so helix tell me.

Mines driving fine sometimes slips of i drive it hard, and im at 341ft lb on stock clutch but need upgrade that can handle my torque, so i dont need flywheel ? Just upgrade my clutch ?

Mines driving fine sometimes slips of i drive it hard, and im at 341ft lb on stock clutch but need upgrade that can handle my torque, so i dont need flywheel ? Just upgrade my clutch ?

if its apart then its worth changing the flywheel. It will save you in labour costs!

stock clutch will take some abuse; a lot of it is down to how the power is delivered and how heavy your right foot is!

I've covered 37,000 mapped miles (cars has done 68K) on the stock setup running approx 205bhp and 320lbs ft torque. A mate I know covered over 80K in his mapped MK4 150 PD!!

Will leave it till it gets worse and have whole lot done flywheel and clutch

I know this is an old thread, but I'm in need of help

I have a 2.0tdi audi a4 b8 avant sline special Edition, running 185bhp / 410nm

My car started slipping when it hit 2k rpm when I boot it, so I had the clutch DMF and release bearing changed. but still doing it with new clutch, I have a sachs clutch kit they say it can take the power. But I have to drive like a granny now.. can anyone help

If your clutch has been replaced with a standard Sachs set up it may not be able to cope with the extra torque. The uprated Sachs set up has stronger springs in the pressure plate so you will feel it harder to push down. Does it feel uprated or standard?
Also, the clutch needs running in before giving it the max to prevent it slipping until all the friction plate is in contact with the flywheel and pressure plate.

If your clutch has been replaced with a standard Sachs set up it may not be able to cope with the extra torque. The uprated Sachs set up has stronger springs in the pressure plate so you will feel it harder to push down. Does it feel uprated or standard?
Also, the clutch needs running in before giving it the max to prevent it slipping until all the friction plate is in contact with the flywheel and pressure plate.
Hello, I do have an uprated sachs clutch, but before I had a standard sachs clutch which actually took the power until the slipping happened, and not the clutch pedel is soft also I gave it a boot last night and I didn't slip once so idk what going on