Taking too long on start up.

SLineChick

Reaction score
Not really good for second post as already having a little car trouble but i'm hoping you very knowledgeable people can shine some light on it for me.

I have only had the car just over a week and mentioned to the garage last week when in for cracked back springs (another story!!) that i thought it was taking slightly longer than it should to turn over. They kind of ignored my comments...but then the unfortunate thing for me is I have 12 months warranty with a vauxhall garage cos that's who sold me the car!

Well yesterday I've gone to start her to pop to the shops and after 4 seconds she's still trying to turn over so i stopped, waited and tried again and after a few seconds she turned over.

There doesn't seem to be any juddering or any indication of problems once driving...and this being my first ever diesel and Audi (and knowing it's the PD engine) I'm still learning on this car.

Any help appreciated.

It could be glow plugs ,coolant temp sensor or a bad battery get a scan done to diagnose.

I had a similar issue with mine and it turned out to be the crankshaft sensor!

Thanks both of you, gives me somewhere to start :) I'll update the thread once they've found what it is.

I'd start with testing the battery and if worn replace with Varta E44 Silver.