A3 halogen drl upgrade

G19rnt

Reaction score
Hi apologies if this has been asked before I had a search but couldn't find anything anyway my sister in law has a 2010 white a3 1.6tdi 3dr and she asked me about replacing her standard halogen drls with led bulbs so I was just wondering if this is possible without showing an error on the dash and also which type of bulbs I would need thanks in advance

Speak to t8ups on here, hes the resident expert on all things LED. He can supply the bulbs you need as he did for me which look great. The car will require a quick bit of VAGCOM coding to remove the bulb out warning though.

Thanks for the reply I'll send him a pm i'am not too sure what vagcom is i'am also after led number plate lights too

VCDS is the diagnostic system for vag cars.

Only if your car supports led coding will this be possible otherwise its using the correct resistance led pcb's or resistors in line which I don't recommend as they get warm & can affect surrounding plastics.

Chat with t8ups.

VCDS is the diagnostic system for vag cars.

Only if your car supports led coding will this be possible otherwise its using the correct resistance led pcb's or resistors in line which I don't recommend as they get warm & can affect surrounding plastics.

Chat with t8ups.

Agreed, an MY10 car should support LED coding. T8ups can supply the LED number plate bulbs too.

Hi thanks for your help I will go and send him a pm now