MY09 help

Aidy06

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Just took delivery if some MY09s, they've been at Royal Mail for a while as I've been unable to pick them up. Popped them on but there is a lot of movement in them, they don't appear to sit right and there is quite a big gap around the light when fitted. I'm guessing it's to do with the 2 small rubber washers that are missing completely off one side and ones missing on the other side, anybody know of a fix for this? Do I need to buy the washers? If so anybody got a PN? Or if they have dropped somewhere is there anyway to access them? Thanks in advance

I assume you mean the rubber grommets where the two metal balls on the light insert into? Yes they're essential to secure the light.

Are you sure they aren't just stuck to the original lights?

I assume you mean the rubber grommets where the two metal balls on the light insert into? Yes they're essential to secure the light.

Are you sure they aren't just stuck to the original lights?

Yep that's the buggers, nope they look to have fallen inside. I've just been to Audi and bought 8 of them, keep some for spares. Thanks

All sorted now, can't believe how much of a difference they make. Looks so much better now...

BEFORE...
null-2.jpg

AFTER...
null-3.jpg

i think us northerners are good at finding bargain lights, I got my MY11s for 70 from ashton :)

i think us northerners are good at finding bargain lights, I got my MY11s for 70 from ashton :)

Haha you lucky ******, yeah it took me a while but got there in the end. Got both lights separate and managed to get one for £35 including delivery and one for £45 including delivery, can't complain eh?

where are you guys buying these from? They are nowhere to be seen on ebay

did you get the 11s as cheap??

I gave up looking for lights themselves since they were never cheaper than about £170 at the time, but the guy in ashton had a door on ebay from a 2010 car and I asked him off chance what else he had, and he said he had the lights and only asked for £70 for the pair but as they were local I couldn't not go and check, got lucky :)

did you get the 11s as cheap??

I gave up looking for lights themselves since they were never cheaper than about £170 at the time, but the guy in ashton had a door on ebay from a 2010 car and I asked him off chance what else he had, and he said he had the lights and only asked for £70 for the pair but as they were local I couldn't not go and check, got lucky :)

No not as cheap but a decent price all the same, I'll be ok when I sell the MY09s. Would mean I got the MY11s as cheap as you more or less :thumbsup: