cosmic, what ecu code have you got?

mikep

Reaction score
Website
www.pragamtik-ict.co.uk
I spoke to Kev about the fuel consumption issues, we may try and combine my original map plus the new map into a release to sort your car out. So if you know what it is let me know.

It will look like this:
03G 906 016XX

mine is
03G 906 016DT

Hi Mike

Are those guys helpful or what? I was so impressed.

Kev apparently lives close to Stealth Racing @ Southam and is going to take a look at Vince's laptop and get the ECU number off that - probably tomorrow.

I mentioned that you had reported good fuel economy and mine has plumetted (mid 30s now) - Kev reckoned that the economy should have improved slightly. The performance is simply outrageous now - I'd happily trade some of the power for better fuel economy. 99% of my driving is constant 70-80mph on the motorway so should be near perfect for consistent fuel consumption.

Where does the ECU live?

I was hoping Vince would have told you the number, but as Kev is sorting it out, not to worry.

The ecu is normally accessed via VAG-Com, but if you don't have access don't worry. I'm not sure where it is now physically located, on the Golf and old A3 it was just under the windscreen wiper beneath the plastic cover. It was also a b'stard to get out!!

I noticed today the new map was giving me at least 5mpg less than the development map I was previously using. The production map is also a bit more aggressive, which is nice when you need it, but for regular long distance commuting, I think the economy is more preferable.

If Revo sort out the 2 Stage approach that will give the best of both worlds. Performance with economy for tree hugging hippy cr&p, and good old tyre smokin' performance for those Clarkson moments.

[ QUOTE ]
I was hoping Vince would have told you the number, but as Kev is sorting it out, not to worry.

The ecu is normally accessed via VAG-Com, but if you don't have access don't worry. I'm not sure where it is now physically located, on the Golf and old A3 it was just under the windscreen wiper beneath the plastic cover. It was also a b'stard to get out!!

I noticed today the new map was giving me at least 5mpg less than the development map I was previously using. The production map is also a bit more aggressive, which is nice when you need it, but for regular long distance commuting, I think the economy is more preferable.

If Revo sort out the 2 Stage approach that will give the best of both worlds. Performance with economy for tree hugging hippy cr&p, and good old tyre smokin' performance for those Clarkson moments.

[/ QUOTE ]

The absolute dream version (for me anyway) would be the mad REVO map whenever you were in 'S' mode and the Standard map in 'D'.....I guess that would be just asking too much! Do you know if such things are possible on Audi ECUs?

The Saab 9-5 Aeros had a mental S mode - the throttle became 30% more sensitive and extra big lump of torque became available too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif