2005 Audi A3 8P boot not shutting

Stev_A3

Reaction score
Hi on my brothers A3 2005 3dr the boot suddenly stopped shutting. We tried shutting it gently/hard nothing will close it. When the boot is open and pressing the boot release on the number plate plinth the motor is not making any noises. The same when pressing the boot release switch on the key fob (both keys tried no to avail) one thing my brother noticed was the rear wiper not working when the boot is open after the boot stopped shutting or is this normal? He knows not to use the rear washer jet as we suspected a split at the start of the year! Its been fine and out of the sudden stopped closing.

Please help as I could not find many helpful threads for this issue (not that common?)

Diy fix or take it to the bodyshop?

Thanks

The rear wiper won't work cause it thinks the boot is open, also the micro switch in the boot has probably gone, the wiper can leak which gets in the boot latch so you may need all new it's not that much really I've had mine done in the last 3 months of owning my s3

Superb, I just called Audi Norwich and ordered a new one just under £35 onc vat which is very reasonable if it will solve the boot not closing. Would you mind letting me know how to swap the micro switches over please. Thanks.

I got a friend to do mine so can't help you on that one sorry

It is the whole latch you have ordered I had the same issue and replaced mine the switch is in the latch if your boot is closing and saying its open its the switch within ,if your boot isn't closing its the latch mechanicals.

Mine does something similar every now and then the catch wont "catch" tight and it sits loose, three hard shuts later its fine...
People must think I look like a nutcase when doing it though as it appears to already be shut. :laugh: