OEM S3 Tyre

davicio

Reaction score
Hi all,
Hoping some clever cloggs will know the answer.
I have asked Audi, looked in the handbook and searched this forum to no avail.

Can someone tell me in black and white print where is states the original OEM tyre for the Audi S3 8P 2007? It only states the size. I have a feeling it is the PS3 or 2 as it was then.

Does anyone know?
Thanks.

It certainly used to to be the Bridgestone RE050,and if so,it's worth ditching ASAP.

What year is yours?

2007 was the PS3 I believe.

In 2008 it was the RE050,and I'm pretty sure the PS3 wasn't released until around 2010.

Reactions: kwistof
In 2008 it was the RE050,and I'm pretty sure the PS3 wasn't released until around 2010.
Hence why I believe it was the PS2.

But if anyone knows for sure - or can provide a link that would be very helpful.

The previous owner of mine had always replaced his tyres as they became worn with the same as supplied on first, new, purchase: Bridgestone RE050's

Poor guy never knew what he was missing!

57 (08) 8P2

P.

Not sure about the UK, but Australian delivered S3s came with nothing as special as Pilot Sports. Mine had Michelin Exaltos or something and Continental CSCs were also used from memory. Some Bridgestones were used as well. So we normally get a variety of OEM tyres and it's just pot luck as to what you get.

Okay, just to update:

Official answer from Audi Head Office is 'they don't themselves'.

Brilliant.

I'm pretty sure the PS3 wasn't released until around 2010.

:yes: Very true....I only remember so well as I got my first full set of PS3's as soon as they came out to match my recently purchased 320gb PS3 slim line model :) lol

If it really matters to you guys I can confirm my 2008 S3 had:

Bridgestone Potenza RE050A 225/40R18 92Y