Crank Sensor location

P10GOT

Reaction score
Hi

Having issues with 2006 a3 2.0 TFSI (BWA engine) where anything over 4k rpm the need jumps all over place with "EPC" flashing and have loss of power.

If I come off throttle, engine returns to normal untill I go over 4k again. If I force this the car will eventunually go in to a sort of soft limp mode were I can go over 4K rpm but with servere loss of power/ no turbo.

Starts fine everytime.

Checked all the normal plug & coils etc. ran vagcom and I am getting a P0321 code (Engine Speed Sensor (G28): Implausible Signal) which leads me to think it may be this.
Can anyone point me in the direction of its location as I cant seem to find it via the search bar/ google

Thanks

Chris

Normally it is bolted to the block at the gearbox end not sure if it is at the front or the back though.

Hi

Having issues with 2006 a3 2.0 TFSI (BWA engine) where anything over 4k rpm the need jumps all over place with "EPC" flashing and have loss of power.

If I come off throttle, engine returns to normal untill I go over 4k again. If I force this the car will eventunually go in to a sort of soft limp mode were I can go over 4K rpm but with servere loss of power/ no turbo.

Starts fine everytime.

Checked all the normal plug & coils etc. ran vagcom and I am getting a P0321 code (Engine Speed Sensor (G28): Implausible Signal) which leads me to think it may be this.
Can anyone point me in the direction of its location as I cant seem to find it via the search bar/ google

Thanks

Chris

Exact same problem with mine and VAGCOM pulls up intermittent signal on G28 Crank sensor. Did changing the sensor cure it or was it something else?