A3 2.0 8p 170 juddering

Ergun84

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone can help me out as the mechanics I have spoken to so far seem to not have a clue about how to fix my problem.

Firstly the background... I had been having problems with the DPF on my car, so decided to get it removed. I had it removed and had a performance remap at AMD Tunning. The car was fine on the drive back home, however the next day the car started to have problems :(

Problems... The car judders badly in idle, it is even worse when I try to accelerate quickly in 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th gears. Its not too bad if I try to accelerate very slowly, but if I press the gas slightly too much the needle on the RPM hesitates and the entire car shakes.

I took the car back to AMD tunning, who said that the problem was because of a damaged inlet manifold. Had it replaced for £600 but it didn't fix the problem. They said that it was probably a fault with the injectors and told me to take it to Audi to get it checked, they also said if it was not the injectors they had no idea what it might be. Although they were sure it had nothing to do with the remap they did.

I took it to my local Audi who had the car for over a week to check the injectors, they said there was no problem with the injectors. They also said that for them to try and diagnose the fault with the car they would have to refit a new dpf, which would cost £2100, they were sure that fitting a new dpf would not fix the problem but they couldn't do anything else without returning the car to its "original state".

I'm open to any advice/suggestions you guys may have as I'm not sure what to do next. I realise you can't diagnose the fault without seeing the car but any suggestions on what it could be will be appreciated.

Thanks.

hi guys,
i've just had the clutch and dmf replaced on my car as well and still the fault is not fixed. Any suggestions on what else I can try?

Thx.

Last edited:
To be honest it does sound like a injector issue... have you had a 2nd Audi dealer look at it?
Also have the injectors been replaced before?
Sorry I have no idea what year your 170 is....

To be honest it does sound like a injector issue... have you had a 2nd Audi dealer look at it?
Also have the injectors been replaced before?
Sorry I have no idea what year your 170 is....

My car is 2008 and mileage is 80K.

the injectors were supposed to have been replaced in January as part of a recall. I've only taken it to the dealer where they were replaced.
Also when I picked my car from the garage that replaced the clutch and DMF they also said that when they connected the car to diagnosis the figures for all 4 injectors were not what they should be, but according to him this was probably as a result of the judder. how likely is this?

depends how bad i think.... when mine was changed i actually got better performance...
Car is also smoother... hard to describe as I thought it might be a placebo effect.... but had a dyno run and confirmed that performance was better.

Might be worth checking with another Audi dealer with regards to the injectors...