New Audi owner, couple of questions and the dreaded DPF topic, if you please

audiruss

Reaction score
Evening all,

I've recently purchased a very nice 56 plate Audi A3 2.0 TDI S Line GMBH, I love the look of it as it's a little different. I paid just over £7,000 for her, she's black with leather, bose and the RNS-E sat nav. Full history with 88,000 miles. The only downside was that there was no mention of the S Tronic box having it's oil changed so I've had this done already. I also had a faulty Xenon bulb so changed them both at the same time, ****** hell, they're not cheap, are they???

The car drives great, handles better than my Mk5 Golf gti and pulls very well. Annoyingly today on my way home from work the dreaded DPF light has come on. I was planning to have this removed and the car re-mapped at the same time but think I should now get this done ASAP before I run into further problems, would you guys agree? Any recommendations for someone to do this around the West London area or Surrey/Hampshire? Is the car safe to use like this? I shall take it for a motorway run after work tomorrow to see if I can regenerate the DPF.

The other thing is, the car has a standard Audi phone cradle, I assume for an old Nokia phone. Can I change this for an Iphone cradle? I've just installed an Xlink car kit but am not very happy with it as it's noisy and the blue tooth only seems to work when it's in CD Changer mode, not when using the radio. Can anyone confirm this? I think I'll send it back if so. I've been quoted around £500 to have a module fitted to the RNS unit enabling me to have blue tooth the retro way and be able to use my iphone also. It's another load of money to pay out for though considering I've just changed the bulbs and oil etc. Any thoughts welcome.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks,

Russell

Hi Russel, welcome to audi-sport.net. Any pics? Where you located? Enjoy the forum. :) x

IMG 1925

Thanks Sandra.

Attachments

• IMG_1926.jpg
    IMG_1926.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 260
Same model as mine although I avoided the DPF model by a a couple months. I Hope all your car needs is a damn good thrashing to clear that lamp.

Ahh! I see your problem, you need to drive the car on it's wheels :yes:

Reactions: hendry10, NHN, DCW87 and 1 other person
I've been fating around with those ****** pictures for ages, I'm you all get the drift...

Yes, 170 with the filter. ****** annoying actually as I knew these are prone to fail but I was hoping it would at least last me a few months... Grr.....

Is this an Australian model? haha wee joke

Reactions: DCW87 and MrBones
We can supply/fit the factory BT kit for less than £500 mate, if not done already give us a shout :)

Also chat to Simon @ amdtechnik in surrey, top bloke for tuning.

I thought that removing the dpf off a 170 would make it fail an MOT due to the new visual check regulations put in place. This is the only reason why I haven't removed mine and remapped. Any good news stories out there to say I am wrong? Have heard of places stripping the guts from the inside the dpf and applying a remap as a work around but is this as good as the milteck straight through pipe?

I thought that removing the dpf off a 170 would make it fail an MOT due to the new visual check regulations put in place. This is the only reason why I haven't removed mine and remapped. Any good news stories out there to say I am wrong? Have heard of places stripping the guts from the inside the dpf and applying a remap as a work around but is this as good as the milteck straight through pipe?

Had my DPF gutted and remapped by Rick at Unicorn; it transformed the car. Better MPG as well so far. :arco:

Had the MOT done yesterday in Bagshot; no issues or advisories. I'm sure I read somewhere that the DPF is mandatory on cars from 2009 onwards, or there abouts, may be wrong though.

No idea about the straight through pipe.