Diesel filter on a 2.0TDI

SootySport

Reaction score
Mine has been leaking since I changed it. It's leaking between the top cap and the body underneath. The only seal I can find is a thin O ring around the cap, is that all there is?

Had this exact same issue, my Bosh O ring snapped so I took the cap off again and put the old one back on and it's been fine since. That is all there is, unless you have done the cap up unevenly, but check the O ring.

Ive had two garages fail to fit my fuel filter properly

What worked for me was position the lid, then use a hammer and gently tap the lid until flush with the body then put the screws in a tighten in a star pattern. I find the screws themselves are far too short to actually pull the lid down and create a tight seal

be careful the leaking fuel hasnt contaimanted your alternator belt!! Fuel spilt onto my belt which then frayed and took out a coolant hose. That cost the garage a few quid!!

I've now fitted another seal between the top cap of the filter and the filter body. Made my own gasket from a sheet of 1mm. nitrile rubber, seems to be holding ok so far. Thanks for the warning Rhyso, Ill degrease the belt in the morning.

I had the same issue as well and ended getting another filter housing onlt to have the same issue DOH!!!!
. The way I refitted the lid was to start at the side which has the hook (opposite to where you prise the lid open) you then put a screw in, while gently pushing down on the lid you put the rest of the screws in a star pattern and tighten them.