Audi A3 2.0T S-Line

Tendaimwari

Reaction score
Has anyone got one of these? More importantly has anyone got one that has been chipped/remapped. The reason why I ask is that I drove one yesterday and was not impressed with the performance, engine and handling, but in general I liked the car, currently own a 02 S3 1st stage remap.

Now I fully understand that is not a fair comparison to the S3 in standard form so I'm intersted to know whether or not a remap makes a significant change to the car.

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone got one of these? More importantly has anyone got one that has been chipped/remapped. The reason why I ask is that I drove one yesterday and was not impressed with the performance, engine and handling, but in general I liked the car, currently own a 02 S3 1st stage remap.

Now I fully understand that is not a fair comparison to the S3 in standard form so I'm intersted to know whether or not a remap makes a significant change to the car.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a remapped 2.0T and coming from a Leon Cupra R I probably have a pretty good idea of what you mean. Standard the car really does feel very sedate compared with the old 1.8T engine. Power delivery is however somewhat misleading. Although it doesn't actually feel that quick its actually very similar. Once remapped the car is a whole different kettle of fish though. Its doesn't have the big bang mid range of the 1.8T but it delivers its power throughout the whole rev band. I'm well pleased with mine now. Standard I probably wouldn't have kept it but now its so much better, put your foot down and it pulls like a train from 1800rpm onwards. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif