After searching I have come up with this

TDI_TIM

Top Gear
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I started another thread saying hi and what car I have - Audi A3 2010 2.0TDI 140CR Black Edition in white (I will get pics on soon)
This thread is more about tuning advice / essential modifications.

Now my Black Edition has pretty much all the extras; DRL's, Xenon Lights, FBMSFW, Titanium Alloys, S-Line Seats, Coming home/Leaving lights etc... and after some searching on here I have found and plan to do a few modifications;
  • S3 Pedals and blank foot rest cover
  • DPF Delete
  • EGR Removal
  • Stage 1 Remap
  • Panel Filter
  • H&R Lowering Springs
  • Paint the calipers red - at a later date big brake upgrade - 345mm 4pot Brembos as on my previous car (Cupra R)
  • Cupra R front splitter
  • LED / Xenon fog lights
  • Wrap or Spray the roof and rear spoiler gloss black
  • Spacers for the front and rear - not sure whether shims or hubcentric so advice would be appreciated
Unfortunately as mine is the 140 model it only has a single exhaust which doesn't look good so 4 options here;
  1. Fit twin tailpipes (although pretty sure they will not fit in the cut out hole on my current bumper)
  2. Get a 170 s-line rear bumper so I can then fit twin tailpipes (as the lower diffusers are different)
  3. Get a 170 s-line lower diffuser and replace with my 140 one (are they interchangeable? I imagine they are)
  4. Get an S3 rear bumper and then fit twin tailpipes (S3 bumper looks so much better!)
EDIT: as for the above I have found the part needed and have posted this thread http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...mber-price-170-twin-exhaust-rear-valance.html

If I go for the S3 rear bumper and the LCR front splitter I will get the lower diffuser and front splitter skinned in carbon fibre from C6 Carbons (saw a build thread on here and highly rate his work) so the contrast between the white and rear carbon fibre will look spot on.

Any other mods to consider for performance, handling and looks?

Last edited:
Reactions: T33_BKD
Hopefully will see you around soon as I work in Southampton. I've also got a 140 and lowered on H&Rs if you want to see the ride height before hand?

You going to fit the springs yourself? And I've got a twin exist exhaust in the shed off my car, exits face downwards though.

Hopefully will see you around soon as I work in Southampton. I've also got a 140 and lowered on H&Rs if you want to see the ride height before hand?

You going to fit the springs yourself? And I've got a twin exist exhaust in the shed off my car, exits face downwards though.

I'll keep an eye out for you! (mines a white 3 door 140) My girlfriends brother is a mechanic and work for Regal Autosport in Southampton (mainly do Vauxhalls but are very experienced in VAG car too) He will do the springs etc.. for me for a crate of beer! But it would be good to see the ride height etc.. Do you have any problems with speed bumps? My previous car, Leon Cupra R 280bhp 313ftlb was lowered and the splitter would catch on speed bumps.

The H&R lowering springs they will drop it a further 20mm right? As its already on the S-Line suspension which means its already lower than a standard A3 correct?

I'll keep an eye out for you! (mines a white 3 door 140) My girlfriends brother is a mechanic and work for Regal Autosport in Southampton (mainly do Vauxhalls but are very experienced in VAG car too) He will do the springs etc.. for me for a crate of beer! But it would be good to see the ride height etc.. Do you have any problems with speed bumps? My previous car, Leon Cupra R 280bhp 313ftlb was lowered and the splitter would catch on speed bumps.

The H&R lowering springs they will drop it a further 20mm right? As its already on the S-Line suspension which means its already lower than a standard A3 correct?

Ah okay mate :) I'm in a 3 door silver A3 soon to be gun metal grey! I also have the LCR splitter and it does catch on some speed bumps but I'm managing okay.

Yeah I know regal, had my old car rolling roaded there.

Yes I do believe that is correct. I live in Portsmouth, give me a shout sometime and we will get some cars together for some photos.

Nice one! I have a Nikon D3100 DSLR Camera so always up for taking photos.