Vibrating/Shaking at 60mph+

DaveyClark

Reaction score
Hey folks, I have a 2010 A3 170 TDI BE and it appears to have some sort of vibration issue at higher speeds.

The best way to explain it would be if I try to accelerate in 5th or 6th at 60mph+ it feels juddery and the car literally shakes - if I take my foot off the clutch / accelerator it does not judder anymore.

Reading the forum it seems it could be anything from DMF, to Engine mount, to CV Joint, or wheel bearing! I would assume it is most likely the DMF though - as I noticed the car shakes a little at idle also.

Any ideas?

Mines doing exactly the same thing. Had it checked over by awesome gti and they found that the inner cv joints on either side had too much play in them. Apparently it's a common problem from 60,000 miles upwards. Mines done 94k so I've not done too bad out of them! If its the DMF you'll be able to hear it chattering quite loud when your car is idling and especially when you rev it then let off whilst stationary.

Reactions: jaye2992
Hi mate - makes sense mine is on 65k wonder if it will be covered under the warranty I got when buying the car... Hmm!

any update ? did you replace CV joints, an difference ?

Hi mate, turned out to be the rear tyres would you believe! Had them both replaced and now drives perfect! Get your ones checked if same issue occurring!