Audi Trip Computer fuel Range .........

A3uk

more power
Reaction score
.......... i think the recent hot weather got too it........ if only 1,000mile range was possible.

If only that range is possible.

I've just got my range best this week of 687.6 miles

Sadly that'll change after you drive for a while. It calculates the range based on the most recent data it has about your consumption AFAIK. So if you were getting really high mpg figures just before you filled up then I suppose it's think you were going to carry on like that.
I always enjoy the game where the DIS says you've got 40 miles to empty, and you drive like a saint for your journey to work and arrive there with 55 miles left. :blink:

I know what you mean, 1000 miles would be epic. I'd only have to fill up every 6-8 weeks!
You've done pretty good with 687 though.

Sadly that'll change after you drive for a while. It calculates the range based on the most recent data it has about your consumption AFAIK. So if you were getting really high mpg figures just before you filled up then I suppose it's think you were going to carry on like that.
I always enjoy the game where the DIS says you've got 40 miles to empty, and you drive like a saint for your journey to work and arrive there with 55 miles left. :blink:

I know what you mean, 1000 miles would be epic. I'd only have to fill up every 6-8 weeks!
You've done pretty good with 687 though.

687 was this weeks work mileage, so it was good to make a tank last a whole week.

I knew about the trip computer fibbing, just thought 1,000miles was amusing and shows Audi programmed it to show that high.

I still had 2 litres + any capacity in the filler left when i filled up so maybe 700miles is possible :)

you know that thing you feel under your right foot? you're supposed to press it every once in a while. :racer:

Reactions: DCW87
you know that thing you feel under your right foot? you're supposed to press it every once in a while. :racer:

I don't hang around! But I don't want lose my licence on work time! There is a specific way to combine speed/time/mpg which I have mastered over the years.

Reactions: DaveyClark