Badger5Monster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

Cool 2008 1.4 TFSI A3 - MPG display trouble?

Got an approved used A3 today but can't for the life of me figure out how to display the MPG figures etc. on the dash, I looked in the manual and it suggested buttons on the windscreen wiper stock but I don't have any? A bit stuck! lol

Also if anyone knows of any cool tricks or useful tips for me that would be fantastic too :-)

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Yup1 button on the bottom of the wiper stalk and on the end an up and down selector.
    When I was younger I got in trouble for pressing things ... Just have a play about lol
    Audi A4 BE 2.0 TDI 177 Quattro

Reverse Gear

Status
    If you have the base model it doesn't come with DIS sadly.

Do you have the LCD screen between the dials? If so then DIS can be added with not a lot of effort at all.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I also have 2008 1.4tfsi, i dont have DIS either. It was so depressing when I found out. But I would take a 1.4TFSI non DIS over a 1.6 with DIS any day.

Reverse Gear

Status
    image.jpg Sorry for the image being sideways on my phone sitting outside work, that's what my dials look like and I deffo don't have any buttons on the wiper stock and yes rocketpaul totally agree it was either the 1.4 TFSI or a 1.6 I made the right decision

Reverse Gear

Status
    Nobody any ideas? ah well, I'll continue watching my fuel disappear under enthusiastic driving! lol

Reverse Gear

Status
    You will need to buy & fit a new wiper stalk with buttons for around £30 and then have someone with VCDS come and activate the DIS.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Ooh interesting, might have to look into this, apologies but what does VCDS stand for? And would you happen to know is there another way to read mpg on the base model?

Reverse Gear

Status
    VCDS is software that allows you to communicate with the car and reprogram various modules among many other things!

I believe there are certain apps for phones that have dongles that plug into the diagnostics port that can read MPG & other things but I think they're like £100. The cheapest way to do it would probably be to fit the wiper stalk.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Oh right I take it that's what they use for remaps then? Just never heard of the software before, yeah I'll definitely have to look into the wiper stock route as it definitely sounds the most straight forward way to do things, thanks for the advice

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JayT View Post
    You will need to buy & fit a new wiper stalk with buttons for around £30 and then have someone with VCDS come and activate the DIS.
    Not if he doesn't have the lcd in the 1st place, needs a whole cluster upgrade to be able to enable dis, if his is just the old icon/lamp style with no lcd when ignition is turned on.

We offer supply/fit for the cluster upgrade, not cheap, but certain cheaper than audi direct.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK