Adjusting normal lights

bunny

Reaction score
These are non xenons.

After reading about light bulbs in an earlier thread, it occured to me that I hadn't changed my last set of super duper bulbs and they were now quite yellow.

So I changed my bulbs and found that the beams have changed height. The offside beam is now way out, and I've had to drive around with the adjusters on minimum to avoid dazzling people.

The bulbs are definitely in correctly, so can anyone tell me how to reset the beam heights.

Ta

J

Surely someone here knows? Do I loosen the white screws, or maybe I should loosen the black screws with the sliding thingy (at the top of the headlamp unit)

??

It sounds like the bulbs are not correct, you shouldn't have to adjust lights for different bulbs? The spec for the bulb fitment includes all the dimensions and filament position etc.

If the bulbs are right, take it to the dealers and thell them your lights have gone out. Changing bulbs is an 'approved' self-fit task, meaning you are allowd to do it yourself without affecting warranty. (as long as you followed the manual)

As has been said they shouldn't need adjusting if you only changed the bulbs. Are you sure they are fitted correctly in the keyway?

I have never needed to adjust my headlights when I have changed to Vision Plus bulbs. If they do need adjusting it should really be done using beam setting equipment.

The proceedure given for the actual adjustment in the Elsawin manual are:

adjusting headlights.pdf